Sponsored by:

Radio update works but a few problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 10:01 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammz
I'd bet money that your car system doesn't. Remember too that car systems can recognize when the car door unlocks or opens & the boot process can begin upon sensing either one. Even so, I suspect that you don't have the Nav system map appear the very second you turn on your ignition.
My Audi nav is NEVER ready right away it takes a good 3-5 minutes.

Btw, I just turn my bike on and start it. I never wait for the infotainment system and I don't have all these issues others claim. Go figure.

With 1.18.1, the only bug I've noticed is the map zooming which is new.

Old 09-02-2014, 04:46 AM
tpb857
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
My Audi nav is NEVER ready right away it takes a good 3-5 minutes.

Btw, I just turn my bike on and start it. I never wait for the infotainment system and I don't have all these issues others claim. Go figure.

I have 2 Audis and mine take nowhere near that long. I turn the Nav on as soon as I pull out of the garage since it shows the traffic. It comes up as soon as I hit the button. The only thing that takes a couple of minutes is for the traffic info to come on.

Old 09-02-2014, 06:42 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Seems like the MoCo goes two steps forward and three steps backwards...Oh well, main thing is the bike is still GREAT!

Yup.

Mine is doing the zoom thing now too....

Software geeks assuring job security.

Old 09-02-2014, 07:36 AM
SecondGear
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It may take a few minutes for your car's NAV to be ready but you don't have to go through an elaborate procedure to have it work either. "Turn the iginition once but don't start it until you see that screen..."

All this BS of waiting for this screen before doing that is crap. I don't mind waiting for all the HW & SW to boot up, I don't like having to go through a procedure to avoid dumb bugs.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Harley Hound57
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I updated a week ago and yesterday i pushed the Home button and it went to a blank screen let it sit a minute pushed again and the home screen was there.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by SecondGear
It may take a few minutes for your car's NAV to be ready but you don't have to go through an elaborate procedure to have it work either. "Turn the iginition once but don't start it until you see that screen..."

All this BS of waiting for this screen before doing that is crap. I don't mind waiting for all the HW & SW to boot up, I don't like having to go through a procedure to avoid dumb bugs.
I'd rather do the procedure than experience the bugs that need you to stop & shut off the bike before things work right...

Old 09-02-2014, 08:31 AM
rob1216
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not experiencing any of those issues with 1.18.1.

One new bug I AM having is with he Map zoom +/- buttons. Hitting the - button the first time, zooms the Map all the way in. Subsequent - pushes zoom out as designed.

I'm having the same issue. I just noticed it yesterday when I was out riding and messing with the GPS.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:51 AM
MilesOfTexas
Road Warrior
Received 159 Likes on 128 Posts

I had the local dealer perform the update on my Limited after reading about some of the issues with maps after the upgrade. I talked to the tech and told him why I was having them do it. He told me that HD had initially published a 'bad' copy of the upgrade and had since pulled it down and put up a 'good' one. I have no idea if this is true or not, but I haven't had any issues with mine since the upgrade and it is loading/responding to input much faster than with .14.

Old 02-28-2015, 10:31 AM
John7x
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fix for the Boom Box Radio

Blue Street Glide

Linked comment

This was a great find and so I thought I would add a bit of an explanation to how we found the fix. We started by isolating the Automatic Volume Control function (AVC) to make sure that was not a factor. In watching your videos and comparing it to my 2009 Street Glide, I had noticed a significant difference in the way the audio systems were booting up.

I have the Panasonic with the Hawg Wired Amp, which were a typical replacement for the Harmon Kardon factor installs. So there is a big difference in how they boot up. On my 2009 Street Glide (with the Panansonic Head), my system initially boots up when the bike is turned on. This "COMPLETE" boot up process is repeated when I start the engine, after letting the fuel pump indicator light go off. I can watch the Panasonic display restart on ignition and go through all of the steps all over again.

Watching your videos, you will notice that when you turn on your 2014 Harley Street Glide with the Boom Box Audio 6.2, the system comes up and IF you wait long enough you will get the "Accept" screen. At this point if you start the engine, the display goes blank, but it does NOT restart as if you turned the power off. We can see this because we do not get the "Accept" screen again. This means that if you start the engine before the accept screen, you are interrupting the boot up process and putting the system into an unknown and unpredictable state. Searching the web, you will find people frustrated with the "Boom Box Audio Freeze", "Boom Box Blank Display", "Boom Box Audio USB Freeze", and other problems as a result of not waiting for the system to completely boot. Sometimes I felt like the fuel pump took forever until I could start my bike, but it will feel like an eternity for that sound system to come up before you ride.

Unfortunately I don't think Boom Box can program their way out of this mess. I think at the time of this post you are at firmware version 1.8.3, but what people really need is a new generation of hardware from Boom Box or Harley.

Old 02-28-2015, 02:23 PM
oakmossy
Road Warrior
Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

sorry I do not agree. I have had no problems with the 18.3 update 'cept for radio coming on most of time even though I shut off before shutting bike down.
Start up no matter when, before or after turning on ignition/accept icon, makes no dif. on my bike. I have had mine for 18 months so I have had lots of experience.

Quick Reply: Radio update works but a few problems