Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio update works but a few problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 09:57 AM
ks6c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Volume control wouldn't work in any mode (Tuner/Media/Com/Intercom/Phone) and VR was inop (no beep, no audio muting after pushing button) after update.

Reset after IGN off/on, will watch to see if it re-occurs.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:20 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
I don't know if it happens on EVERY start up but it has happened EVERY time I've gone to zoom the map (5-6 times).
It happens on every startup, the first time you go to zoom the map in or out. After that, it's good until the next power cycle.

It's very reproducible so I would assume it will be fixed in the next update (while screwing something else up ).

Otherwise, 1.18.1 seems rock solid for me. No lockups, no volume glitches, the AVC works consistently (maybe not the way those with old radios want).

Old 08-31-2014, 02:05 PM
SecondGear
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

It's very reproducible so I would assume it will be fixed in the next update (while screwing something else up ).
I wonder how bugs get reported and how they decide which will be fixed. As others have said, vehicle companies are really bad at communicating bugs, fixes, and firmware release schedules. I suppose it's due to recall laws and concern about lawsuits.

With any software, the old adage is true:

Old 08-31-2014, 03:02 PM
bigrobtemp
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I have had all those issues. The dark screen is a pain. I had the volume problem but shut off and worked again. I wish they would test a little better before they release.

Old 08-31-2014, 03:55 PM
Bill10256
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have XM Weather. The zoom no longer works on the Weather map. It did in the old version. At least it's zoomed way out so I can see what's out there.

I also noticed the starting country in the navigation address is still Canada.

Old 08-31-2014, 10:41 PM
Uberjason
Cruiser
Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

I too did the update, everything has worked fine for me short of the normal bugs like, slow responsiveness, usb connected iPhone won't display playlists that were in the 1.1.7.x build. I stumbled upon this on another thread or possibly another forum so I take no credit but once I started this procedure I have had zero issue. Give it a try and let us know if it works for you:

"My procedure is:

Turn switch to ACCY
Wait for radio disclaimer screen
Select accept
Push NAV button
Wait for Nav menu
Turn switch to RUN
Wait for engine light to go out
Push starter switch

I do this procedure to allow the radio to completely boot up. It is not ready, even after it accepts the ACCEPT on the disclaimer screen. The boot up process includes a lot of handshaking between the radio, BCM & ECM. Starting the bike during this process causes a major voltage dip & can produce unpredictable results. I really think many of the issues with loss of volume control, etc are caused by the voltage drop when starting before boot up has completed."

-Uberjason

Old 09-01-2014, 07:28 AM
tpb857
Road Master
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Uberjason
I too did the update, everything has worked fine for me short of the normal bugs like, slow responsiveness, usb connected iPhone won't display playlists that were in the 1.1.7.x build. I stumbled upon this on another thread or possibly another forum so I take no credit but once I started this procedure I have had zero issue. Give it a try and let us know if it works for you:

"My procedure is:

Turn switch to ACCY
Wait for radio disclaimer screen
Select accept
Push NAV button
Wait for Nav menu
Turn switch to RUN
Wait for engine light to go out
Push starter switch

I do this procedure to allow the radio to completely boot up. It is not ready, even after it accepts the ACCEPT on the disclaimer screen. The boot up process includes a lot of handshaking between the radio, BCM & ECM. Starting the bike during this process causes a major voltage dip & can produce unpredictable results. I really think many of the issues with loss of volume control, etc are caused by the voltage drop when starting before boot up has completed."

-Uberjason

What a bunch of BS just to start your bike and have the infotainment system sort of work. I have to do the same thing when I'm using navigation on my bike. My car's entertainment/media/navigation system initializes immediately.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:18 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 255 Likes on 182 Posts

It happens on every startup, the first time you go to zoom the map in or out. After that, it's good until the next power cycle.

Otherwise, 1.18.1 seems rock solid for me. No lockups, no volume glitches, the AVC works consistently (maybe not the way those with old radios want).

Thanks for the update, I've only been out once since the update so I'll be watching for this. Seems like the MoCo goes two steps forward and three steps backwards...Oh well, main thing is the bike is still GREAT!

Old 09-01-2014, 09:26 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by tpb857
What a bunch of BS just to start your bike and have the infotainment system sort of work. I have to do the same thing when I'm using navigation on my bike. My car's entertainment/media/navigation system initializes immediately.
I'd bet money that your car system doesn't. Remember too that car systems can recognize when the car door unlocks or opens & the boot process can begin upon sensing either one. Even so, I suspect that you don't have the Nav system map appear the very second you turn on your ignition.

Old 09-01-2014, 09:33 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammz
I'd bet money that your car system doesn't. Remember too that car systems can recognize when the car door unlocks or opens & the boot process can begin upon sensing either one. Even so, I suspect that you don't have the Nav system map appear the very second you turn on your ignition.
I had a 2013 Cadillac SRX Premium.

And you are exactly correct, it took a bit...

Quick Reply: Radio update works but a few problems