Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Headset?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:04 AM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Bluetooth Headset?

This may have been covered before, but what is the preferred Bluetooth headset to be used with he new 6.5" Infotainment system? I understand most aftermarket brands are a no go, so is there an HD headset?

Old 08-28-2014, 09:48 AM
WaucondaRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know of any bluetooth headsets that will work with the Infotainment system yet. The Infotainment system basically acts AS a bluetooth headset and then pipes the sound out through either the speakers or a corded headset.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:49 AM
rubberfrog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 87 Posts

There is no Bluetooth that will provide full compatibility with the rushmore system.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:23 PM
mdanehart
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Here it is 2014 and the Rushmore is there flagship, still four years behind in the communications field.

Old 08-28-2014, 12:33 PM
WaucondaRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am by no means an expert when it comes to bluetooth technology, but I'm not sure it's all HD's fault. Like I mentioned earlier, I "think" that the Infotainment system basically connects to your phone very similar as any normal bluetooth headset does. Most of todays phone are capable to connecting to multiple bluetooth headsets but it can only actually use one at a time. The infotainment system would have to somehow accept the bluetooth signal from your phone through one channel and then stream it out of the Infotainment system to another bluetooth headset through another channel.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but what would the cost of that technology be?

Old 08-28-2014, 12:33 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Sena makes a box for connecting non blue tooth enabled devices to their head sets. Kind of stupid on HD's part to not embrace the open blue tooth communication standards.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:31 PM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,961 Likes on 1,197 Posts

Folks - lets understand Bluetooth - before we dog Harley. J&M for example makes a great Bluetooth headset. Most guys use that with the Wings.

Still, that Bluetooth will allow you to hear the music but it will not connect with the Wing CB. The info is the same way - you can connect a Bluetooth headset to it but you will not be able to use all of the features.

n my opinion, Bluetooth is good if you simply have bike to passenger or bike to other rrider (close rides) connected. Otherwise, I think the corded is better.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:12 PM
skyhawk85u
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I figured I would not use the cord regularly. Maybe just when riding with my wife. But it turns out it's really useful to be able to talk to the bike, talk to my phone and talk on the phone. I push the mic up out of the way when I'm not using it and I really don't even notice the cord there any more.

Old 08-28-2014, 03:32 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by cycle7447
Folks - lets understand Bluetooth - before we dog Harley. J&M for example makes a great Bluetooth headset. Most guys use that with the Wings.

Still, that Bluetooth will allow you to hear the music but it will not connect with the Wing CB. The info is the same way - you can connect a Bluetooth headset to it but you will not be able to use all of the features.

n my opinion, Bluetooth is good if you simply have bike to passenger or bike to other rrider (close rides) connected. Otherwise, I think the corded is better.
Blue tooth can connect to other blue tooth head set over about 1/2 mile range, regardless of brand so you can talk to other riders

Blue tooth can transmit streaming music or radio

Blue tooth can work with a CB or other radio but requires an adapter be connected to the radio.

Blue tooth allows you to issue voice commands to any smart phone like call John.

Blue tooth allows you to make song selections on your music device via voice commands or Jog dial on side of helmet.

Blue tooth allows you to talk on the phone at any speed clearly.

Most late model blue tooth head sets will work with Harleys system but it requires an adapter box be installed on the bike.

http://www.sena.com/product/product/sr10/

Last edited by fat_tony; 08-28-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:47 PM
BlueTK
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by dgdamore
This may have been covered before, but what is the preferred Bluetooth headset to be used with he new 6.5" Infotainment system? I understand most aftermarket brands are a no go, so is there an HD headset?
Actually, this has been covered in another thread to a great extent. I don't remember the guy's name but he knows a lot about bluetooth. The problem is that the 6.5 Infotainment system doesn't have the bluetooth headset profile. It has several other profiles but not that one. Some of the other posters from that thread were thinking that MoCo will eventually add that profile to an update.

I agree with many of you that being in our day and age why in the world would they leave something like that out? I for one would very much like to use a bluetooth headset of my choice with the system.

If I can find that other thread I'll post back the technical details on bluetooth profiles.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Headset?