Sponsored by:

Upgrading Software on the new Rushmore Boomboxes

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014, 12:22 PM
dmozzone
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading Software on the new Rushmore Boomboxes

The HD site where you download the software updates is very vague with how its done. You would think that HD's tech writers would make this download effortless with proper directions. Here is how you do it:
1. Download the zip file to your desktop
2. Expand the zip file by double clicking it on your desktop
3. A new file will appear, double click on it and it will list two files in it, one with an ISO extension and another with a Txt extension.
4. Drag/copy ONLY the ISO extension file onto your stick NOT THE TWO EXPANDED FILES SHOWN. Note: The stick can only have this one ISO file on it or it won't work.
5. Turn on the boom box and after it boots insert the stick into the port under the trap door in your dash. The boombox will recognize the file and ask you if you want to upgrade your software version. From there follow the directions on the screen and DO NOT pull out the stick until the upgrade is completed, it will advise you when to pull out the stick.

HEY HD YOU CAN CUT AND PASTE THIS ONTO YOUR WEB SITE COMPLIMENTS OF ME!!!! HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!

Last edited by dmozzone; 08-26-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:33 PM
jkane13
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a lot of music on the same stick as the one I put the iso files on. It is stuff like this why they don't have that kind of instructions. What works for one person doesn't for someone else.

If you don't have computer savvy, take it to your dealer or a friend who does. That is the best set of instructions.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:55 PM
dmozzone
Stage II

If you do as I stated in my post it will work and eliminate the file selection process and error that sometimes pop up when trying to upload the software. Besides, most dealers are also technically challenged as well when it comes to the upgrades. The post I outlined above works even for those who are computer challenged.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:17 PM
Kugie's HOG
Road Master
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I thought the H-D instructions was easy to follow. Had no problems.

Old 08-26-2014, 01:21 PM
WaucondaRider
Tourer

It will work fine if there are other files on the thumb drive as long as the ISO file is at the root of the drive.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:19 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by dmozzone
The HD site where you download the software updates is very vague with how its done. You would think that HD's tech writers would make this download effortless with proper directions. Here is how you do it:
1. Download the zip file to your desktop
2. Expand the zip file by double clicking it on your desktop
3. A new file will appear, double click on it and it will list two files in it, one with an ISO extension and another with a Txt extension.
4. Drag/copy ONLY the ISO extension file onto your stick NOT THE TWO EXPANDED FILES SHOWN. Note: The stick can only have this one ISO file on it or it won't work.
5. Turn on the boom box and after it boots insert the stick into the port under the trap door in your dash. The boombox will recognize the file and ask you if you want to upgrade your software version. From there follow the directions on the screen and DO NOT pull out the stick until the upgrade is completed, it will advise you when to pull out the stick.

HEY HD YOU CAN CUT AND PASTE THIS ONTO YOUR WEB SITE COMPLIMENTS OF ME!!!! HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!
Good post except: the stick CAN have more than 1 *.iso on it, so long as there is only 1 *.iso file in the ROOT DIRECTORY. I have multiple iso files on my USB stick, all stored in separate identifying folders. I simple move the version I want to install from its' folder to the root folder, then go to the bike to do the install. After I'm finished, I then move the iso file from the root back to its' own folder.

Old 08-26-2014, 02:26 PM
PilotRon
Intermediate

I downloaded the ISO file to my iMac. Now if i put it on a stick will it work updating my Boombox?

Old 08-26-2014, 03:37 PM
jkane13
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think as long as the thumbdrive is formatted for DOS, it should work. Try it and let us know.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:52 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by PilotRon
I downloaded the ISO file to my iMac. Now if i put it on a stick will it work updating my Boombox?
Yes, I've done it for three updates. Just make sure you leave your USB stick formatted as FAT32 (DOS). They all come that way.

Oh, and I thought the directions on the HD site were very clear.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Kugie's HOG
I thought the H-D instructions was easy to follow. Had no problems.
yeah its straight forward.

Quick Reply: Upgrading Software on the new Rushmore Boomboxes