2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how much heat felt on twin cooled 2014 Limited?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 01:59 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 04ctd
i left it at dealer overnight for knock & heat,
the Dealer called back, said the Twin Cooled bikes were so lean by the factory, that even slips on's will make the TC103 bikes so lean as to be unbearably hot.
Originally Posted by SafetyMan
These things run hot from the factory, and by increasing the airflow by changing mufflers, they will run even hotter.
I'm going to have to do something if a dealer agrees with me...

Old 08-17-2014, 12:43 AM
sectime
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Thorpe
'14 Ultra Classic, totally stock engine, live in Phoenix, AZ. No problems with excessive or uncomfortable heat unless stuck in stop and go traffic, and that is rare.
In duck walk traffic my right calif gets fried from the exhaust, but nothing like my older bikes. My bike is stock however.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:56 AM
westnash
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 04ctd
I had the EITMS enabled, and it had a bottom end knock that was so loud, it was embarrassing, but I left it on

i left it at dealer overnight for knock & heat,
the Dealer called back, said the Twin Cooled bikes were so lean by the factory, that even slips on's will make the TC103 bikes so lean as to be unbearably hot.

Wonder if he'd say that to you before you bought the bike?

Old 08-17-2014, 06:10 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Look, these bikes run hot even with the water cooled heads but the thing to do is, Lose the cat with a Jackpot 2-1-2 header pipe and have that thing properly tuned and it will cool down some. But as far as getting stuck in traffic and complaining my bike is hot, not running you down or anything but it wouldn't matter if you were on a GW, the heat from the engine and pipes will still be there, just part of riding the bike man. Again get the cat gone and tune it.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:09 AM
Tony Steele
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was 104 here yesterday, so it was hot even when I wasn't at a light. I do notice a good bit of exhaust heat, but it's nothing like what I had on my 11' Limited.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:44 AM
Dave Thorpe
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sectime
In duck walk traffic my right calif gets fried from the exhaust, but nothing like my older bikes. My bike is stock however.
When using riding boots (Harley brand) I don't feel any excessive heat on my lower leg. When riding in shorts (God forbid, but yes I do sometimes) I feel it, but as another poster noted, you'll feel that on any bike.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:53 AM
Just Me
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

It's an internal combustion engine that you are sitting on top of. Don't expect it to feel like an ice cube.
All you can do is put on a good ceramic coated exhaust, tuner and breather that's it.
Mine is soooooo much cooler after doing this and runs stronger too.
You know the old saying "if you cant stand the heat then get out of the kitchen"

Old 08-17-2014, 09:16 AM
MDSledhead
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I have limited experience... 500 miles, but I can tell you that mine is way way way cooler than my buddies 2004 ultra. Not even close. He was thinking of going street glide until he rode mine.
Having said that, I live where it's cool. High temp yesterday was 75, low was 40. Can't say how it would feel in 90 or 100 degrees (other than the fact that I would move)... I can't imagine living where it's that warm.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:01 AM
Shep68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty much the same experience as everyone else. This Limited w/ slip-on's and an A/C is considerably cooler than my Heritage was. I've been in stop n go in 95+ heat and you can feel it but not so's it's that uncomfortable. EITMS helps some but bike runs cooler w/ or w/out it.

Old 08-17-2014, 08:35 PM
beammeup
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I road with a group a few weeks ago and one bike was a completely stock Rushmore. I took infrared rear head temp on the Rushmore and an 09 Ultra with just a SE air cleaner and American Custom slip ons and the Rushmore was around 60 degrees cooler. The rider used to have, I think, an 05 Classic, and thought his 14 was cooler. Don't know if this agrees with any published data.

Your results may vary, past performance cannot predict future results.

Quick Reply: how much heat felt on twin cooled 2014 Limited?