Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does your Infotainment system do this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 06:25 PM
SAFTFIRST
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope. But…every so often the left toggle dies and does not allow volume adjustment. Turn off bike…it comes back ok.

Old 08-15-2014, 08:03 PM
KCwildguy
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine has done it since day 1. 4.3 Boom here. I leave my iPod plugged in. It never knows if it will boot to WX Band of iPod. It's just random. Everyone in a while it starts up with the stereo turned off. Very annoying.

Old 08-16-2014, 01:42 AM
Pmariner
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine was working fine. Wherever I left it that's where it started from. Downloaded the .4 update last week. Now when I start the bike it reverts to the weather channel. Oh well. I can live with it for now.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:29 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Mine has done that from day one. Also with the same setup as the OP my amp or radio clips if I turn it up high, now that is really freakin' annoying.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:10 PM
ringer1969
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 70 Posts

common problem nature of beast im told

Old 08-18-2014, 09:28 AM
twosailin
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Mine does it also, sometimes. Very annoying! Goes in for 1K service tomorrow, will let them know and have heard a new update will come out soon. I hope that will solve the problem...............john

Old 08-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Rakkasan24
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HD_Doobie
Mine always resumes on the flash-drive....IF....I let the system boot, hit accept, and start. If I am in a hurry and don't wait, it almost always goes to FM

Same here. I listen to music from a stick 99% of the time. When I leave it on the jiffy stand and follow the above, it always starts playing from where I turned it off. I also do not shut down the radio when I turn the bike off.

I have heard the bike does not, in this regard, multi-task well. If you hop on and turn to ignition, the bike is "looking" for a key FOB while booting up the radio. Since it can't process the USB stick (8GB) and look for the FOB at the same time, it would revert to the "easiest" input; which in my case is FM.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:21 PM
cruzrtwdgt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine did this. Asked dealer about it at the 1k service and they updated the flash on the radio. Seems to have fixed the issue, but at the same time I had XM installed and it now pops up to XM always - but that is what I listen to 99 pct of the time. I'll try my ipod when I get home and see if it still acts goofy.

Seems like the engineers would have had it go to the last station/mode always. Every vehicle I have ever owned with a digital radio did this, so why HD would think it was not important baffles me.

Old 08-18-2014, 03:09 PM
codpilot
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I plug my phone in it starts with that - always, and with the first song (which really isn't the first but ok)

Otherwise it starts up with whatever mode of music I was in. When it decides to start up that is 1 in 20 or so it just hangs and I have to "reboot" it - aka let it sit for a while

Old 08-19-2014, 08:17 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 05LowRider
I've noticed whenever I shut the bike down and then power it back up more than a couple of seconds later that the stereo seems to have a mind of it's own and randomly decides which mode it comes back to life in. I can be listening to music from a thumb drive when I shut down. But when I start it back up it might come up in XM mode sometimes, or FM, or maybe it'll surprise me and come back up in media mode. But I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to come back up in the mode I had it in last. Is this just the way it is or what? Same thing happens if I was listening to FM radio last or XM. Seems like it would power back up in the last mode used but that just isn't the case.
I have the same bike and my radio acts the same as yours. More often than not it turns on to XM, but it is annoying when I was listening to my USB just before I turned the bike off. Other times it restarts with whatever I was listening to last. It's very random.

Quick Reply: Does your Infotainment system do this?