Sponsored by:

My Crash Repair Bill

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:15 PM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeman54
Not broke,this conversation came up and dealer said it wasn't. They took it out and rode it on the expressway and said it was true.I'm bringing the bike home tomorrow until parts come in.Total a bike with $10,000 of cosmetic work.I told the adjuster I didn't want the bike totaled.I know what I got into this bike and if I thought there was any frame,suspension issues I'd tell em scrap it.Sorry for not keeping threads all together,I'm a thread *****
Not a big deal but 3 months down the road when someone is trying to learn from your posts, they have no references. My ins co would total that

Old 07-28-2014, 09:39 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

A thread merge is in order. Now we need to get everyone up to speed with the "What happened?" comments.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:48 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Sorry will keep all threads together now.I contacted my state representative to voice my opinion and ask him to propose legislation to make drivers who injure motorcyclists more accountable.Probably will do no good but someone has to start somewhere.This is my letter

Mr. Daley I was involved in a accident on 7/25/2014 in Lapeer on Oregon St and Suncrest Dr.I was on my motorcycle and a driver failed to carefully look and turned left taking me out. I was taken to Mc Laren Lapeer Region hospital by ambulance.I am happy to say my injuries were minor and I will not go into those.My wife and myself have been motorcyclists for over 30 yrs and am proud to say this is my first incident.Your probably wondering why I'm contacting you? As you know Michigan No Fault is not kind or fair when it comes to motorcycles.The Driver was ticketed and will pay a small fine and that's it.As for me I have no recourse against this person,yes my bike will be fixed and I will deal with my injuries.I would like to ask you to propose some legislation to make careless at fault drivers who injure motorcyclist take motorcycle awareness classes and pay fees that will support these awareness classes.I also understand that your term is ending and I wish you well in your next election to the state senate.I believe if you show support for the motorcyclist of this area it will earn you trust and respect from the thousands of motorcyclists who travel these roads. Respectfully,Michael