Sponsored by:

Wife burnt her leg today.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 04:40 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wife burnt her leg today.

It's 103 here in Dallas and we have been out riding all day. My wife insisted on wearing her Capri pants and at the very end of our ride we got caught in slow moving traffic. I felt no excessive heat and was as comfortable as you could be on a bike in 103 degree weather. Her right leg where the skin was exposed between her shoes and pants was quite red and she was complaining about the heat. I put my hand down where her leg was but the side cover was not that hot and could keep my hand on it with no problem. I have to assume it was just the lack of airflow in the slow traffic that caused the exhaust heat to rise. Needless to say she will not ride again in Capri pants.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:19 PM
LANGEFIFL
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Good decision not to "allow" the capri's. My wife hates it that a won't let her ride without protective gear, but she gets it.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:47 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

I quit wearing my capri's last year.

Old 07-27-2014, 05:48 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

I almost didn't feel bad for her because before we left I asked if that's what she was wearing? I told her that she should put on her jeans and riding boots but she said no and that she would be fine. Ya not so much..lol... It didn't really burn her in the since that she has blisters or anything but it was noticeable red and she was very uncomfortable. I told her that's one reason why I would never ride in shorts here in Texas! She said it's not normally this hot and I said you don't normally ride with me when it's 103 outside. She is more of a fair weather rider!

Old 07-27-2014, 05:57 PM
Kilokato
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I burnt a blister about the size of a pea on my right leg earlier this summer. I though....maybe it's too hot for shorts...lol

Old 07-27-2014, 06:00 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,823 Likes on 3,174 Posts

My wife wore Capris on a ride once. That was the last time too. Same complaint.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:01 PM
HKWildHog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LANGEFIFL
Good decision not to "allow" the capri's. My wife hates it that a won't let her ride without protective gear, but she gets it.
Same here for me. My wife does not ride if she doesn't have her gear on. I have a 110 and that thing puts out some serious heat.....

Old 07-27-2014, 06:09 PM
LANGEFIFL
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The worst one for me was one summer day when we were riding with three other couples to the coast. Wifey wanted to wear a tank top, and I said no, that in fact none of the other ladies would be "allowed" to wear them by their husbands either.

You already know what happens next...one by one they all show up.............all wearing tank tops!

Old 07-27-2014, 06:22 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

The worst one for me was one summer day when we were riding with three other couples to the coast. Wifey wanted to wear a tank top, and I said no, that in fact none of the other ladies would be "allowed" to wear them by their husbands either.

You already know what happens next...one by one they all show up.............all wearing tank tops!
Try this: Tell your wife that she can not ride without a top on, and see what shakes out with the girls. No pun intended.

Old 07-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Webo
Road Warrior

Lol... You know it had to go down like that after you telling her otherwise...lol... She looked at me when we got home and told me I was right and she should have listen to me... Oh justice has been served...lol

Quick Reply: Wife burnt her leg today.