Sponsored by:

Upgrade advice-torn between two

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014 | 03:22 PM
alibi
|
Novice
Default Upgrade advice-torn between two

I have a 14 street glide, bone stock. I am looking at getting some upgrades. Don't plan on going really deep on upgrades. This may be all I do for a long time on the bike. So I have two set ups Im looking at and wondering if there is really much different in the setups at all. it has just over 1300 miles on it.

Setup One-all from dealer
Rinehart 4", Fullsac cx head pipe, SE heavy breather, and SEPST.

Setup Two-FuelMoto
Rinehart 4", Jackpot SPC 2-1-2, Pro billet AC and power vision tuner

So I won't have a dyno tune. Dealer will do the 2 hour smart tune on it with SEPST. Then as most know I will run a map from fuelmoto if that is the route I go.

They both seem to me to be very similar. I am more looking for better throttle response, cooler bike, and reliability. I don't need to try and squeeze every horse out of it but a few extras are a bonus.

Do any of you have any opinions one from the other. advantages or disadvantages. Price wise they are pretty comparable with the exception of $180 for the smart tune which isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance

Old 07-24-2014 | 04:41 PM
Bearcat1
Tourer

I have never used a SEPST so I cannot comment on it. But what I can comment on is the FM setup you mention. I know for fact that setup will work great on your bike. I currently have the SPC headpipe and a PV tuner on my bike. Along with FM 4" Jackpots and a SE breather. One thing you may consider is getting the tune zeroed in once you have everything on the bike like you want it and future support. For some reason I think you will have an easier time and will be less costly dealing with FM rather than your dealer. FM customer support after the sale is hard to beat. They won't stop and will never complain until you are happy. Anyway, my 2 cents. Good luck whatever you choose.

Old 07-24-2014 | 07:27 PM
alibi
|
Novice

Im thinking the same thing. I have been doing some research on the power vision and doesn't look as complex as I thought it was going to be. I do like supporting local but may just order from fuel moto for the follow up support. I got a message from brian at fuel moto and said there wasn't much different between the two head pipes other then color of ceramic coating.

Old 07-24-2014 | 07:34 PM
mikeman54
Supporter

Fuel Moto is the way to go.Even if you go with a different head pipe and exhaust get the PV from them and Jamie will dial you in.Buy their head pipe and exhaust and you have a lifetime warranty.I've had my 4" jackpots for 4yrs and on three different bikes with over 40,000 mi and they still look new.

Old 07-24-2014 | 08:02 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member

Fuel Moto is the way to go.....

Old 07-24-2014 | 08:11 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

So agree.. Fuel Moto.. SEPST will require you to return to a dealer every time you wish to adjust vs doing an Auto Tune with the PV2, or if you add/change a performance part emailing F.M. for a new map based on the mod you do. to me it was a no brainer. PV2 and FM

Old 07-24-2014 | 10:36 PM
Bearcat1
Tourer

Originally Posted by alibi
Im thinking the same thing. I have been doing some research on the power vision and doesn't look as complex as I thought it was going to be. I do like supporting local but may just order from fuel moto for the follow up support. I got a message from brian at fuel moto and said there wasn't much different between the two head pipes other then color of ceramic coating.
2 basic ways you can use the Power Vision, the first way is so simple just about anyone can do it. Basically you load the tune into your bike with it that someone like Jamie at FM designs specifically for your bike setup. Simple, hook your PV into your diagnostic connector hit a couple of buttons on the PV and done. Go ride with your new tune. If it needs tweaking for say something like decel popping, you go to the FM website and request a new tune explaining the issue. They send the new tune to you within a day or two depending on how busy they are. Repeat process to load the revised tune. Along with this you can also use the Auto Tune feature on the PV. It is a little more involving to do but still not difficult. This is recommended as it really zeros in the tune.

The other more complicated way to use the PV is to actually mount the unit on your bike. Like on your handlebars somewhere. To do this you would have to run the cable permanently. Under the tank and all. Then once you have the unit mounted, the PV is a real powerful tool. You can change tunes on the fly, monitor all sorts of things on your bike and tons of other things. If you are a tinkerer then you may want to go this route. For me, I loaded a tune Jamie sent me, asked for another because of some decel pop, then I ran a couple of Auto Tune sessions and ain't never looked back. Bike runs terrific. Checked my MPG on a trip while back and actually got over 48 mpg on a tank. No lie. And that's loaded with gear on the back of the bike.

Last edited by Bearcat1; 07-24-2014 at 10:44 PM.
Old 07-24-2014 | 11:43 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Advantage of the dealer, if they will put it in writing, is that you should have zero warranty issues.

Advantage of the Power Vision package is that you get far more for your $, it is a better tuner, and it won't cost anything to do an auto-tune down the road if you do have a hardware change. It can also double as a very useful gauge cluster.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-25-2014 | 08:08 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by alibi
I have a 14 street glide, bone stock. I am looking at getting some upgrades. Don't plan on going really deep on upgrades. This may be all I do for a long time on the bike. So I have two set ups Im looking at and wondering if there is really much different in the setups at all. it has just over 1300 miles on it.

Setup One-all from dealer
Rinehart 4", Fullsac cx head pipe, SE heavy breather, and SEPST.

Setup Two-FuelMoto
Rinehart 4", Jackpot SPC 2-1-2, Pro billet AC and power vision tuner

So I won't have a dyno tune. Dealer will do the 2 hour smart tune on it with SEPST. Then as most know I will run a map from fuelmoto if that is the route I go.

They both seem to me to be very similar. I am more looking for better throttle response, cooler bike, and reliability. I don't need to try and squeeze every horse out of it but a few extras are a bonus.

Do any of you have any opinions one from the other. advantages or disadvantages. Price wise they are pretty comparable with the exception of $180 for the smart tune which isn't an issue.

Thanks in advance
I recommend the Fuel Moto package hands down. I had a very similar set-up on my 2010 RKC. Their 2-1-2 headpipe is a work of art and the A/C kit works great. They provided a stage-1 tune that was very good. A couple of autotunes to adjust the VE's for my set-up and it just got better.

Later when I added a cam they again provided a great base map. Same result with autotunes.

It's hard to go wrong with the PV. Lots more capability and pretty easy to use, plus a handlebar display if you wish that can monitor autotunes and display up to six ECM or PV parameters at one time.

Old 07-27-2014 | 01:27 AM
alibi
|
Novice

I will be going with fuel moto. Even my dealer told me Jamie was a genius and the power vision tuner was awesome.

Quick Reply: Upgrade advice-torn between two