Sponsored by:

this forum is scaring people

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 PM
twitchcvma
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default this forum is scaring people

So i took my Ultra Classic in for the 1000 mile service. I asked the service writer to check the front spark plug wire, make sure it wasn't chafing or being rubbed anywhere. He gave a weird look and asked why. I told him there a number of guys on the HD Forum who say their front spark plug wire was in such a position that the wire was rubbing bare.
He gave a big belly laugh and told me the ONLY thing the forums were good for were to scare people so bad they quit riding. And if I had just a little sense the best thing I could do would be to stay away from those forums.
So I asked if 100 or so people say the same thing is happening to their front spark plug wire i should just ignore it?
He told me that Harley Davidson has not sent out a trouble report about a spark plug wire. Until they do I should not worry about it. When and if Harley Davidson does send a trouble report about a spark plug wire or anything else I will be notified. Until then don't worry about it.
So I pressed a little bit. So the guys on the forum saying their spark plug wire is chafing or rubbing are just making stuff up? It's not really happening?
Look, he told me. Until Harley Davidson tells me there's a problem, there is no problem.
So for all y'all out there who believe MoCo has all the answers, who live and breathe by the service schedule and fluids and if you stray just a bit, Mother Harley will sacrifice your youngens, this ole boy (i won't say he worked at Avalanche HD in Lakewood, Co) wasn't even willing to listen to what all y'all are saying about the spark plug wires. Wasn't even willing to think, just for a second, that we could be right, or worse yet, MoCo could be wrong.
SO STOP SCARING PEOPLE. just let us be and let us ride. Mother Harley, like the gubment, will all take care of us. Long live King Obama...oh wait, sorry, wrong thread.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:06 PM
ColoFXDC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They'll just tell you it's normal. That particular facility doesn't like to warranty any concerns...

Old 07-11-2014, 11:07 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,539 Likes on 932 Posts

Why not just look at it yourself. He would have charged you 1/2 hour labor!

Old 07-11-2014, 11:42 PM
kc hog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He has drank the kool aid.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:43 PM
twitchcvma
Cruiser

Originally Posted by golfblues
Why not just look at it yourself. He would have charged you 1/2 hour labor!
I just figured the bike was already there, they were gonna go over it with a fine tooth comb (yeah, right) what was one more thing to look over?
I have been working long hours since I took it in. But I will be looking.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:45 PM
twitchcvma
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ColoFXDC
They'll just tell you it's normal. That particular facility doesn't like to warranty any concerns...
One guy I know just hates Avalanche. He would call them nothing but a used car lot.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:52 PM
twitchcvma
Cruiser

[quote=kc hog;12977207]He has drank the kool aid. [/

As a former very abusive Harley Basher, this is the best all around bike I have ridden. I came off a Gold Wing. While fast and torquey, it was the most uncomfortable bike I have ridden...and that's after a $500 after market seat. Kool Aid drinker? Try Guzzler. I may have to start carrying a little packet with me for when I get told that. I love this bike. Not gonna go out and get the Bar and Shield tattooed on my forehead, but it is damn nice ride

Old 07-11-2014, 11:53 PM
ColoFXDC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by twitchcvma
One guy I know just hates Avalanche. He would call them nothing but a used car lot.
I've only been there a hand full of times, and hearing their radio commercials; they sound like Rockys Autos with the same deceiving "incentives" to buy and trade!... Motor clothes chicks are nice tho...

Old 07-12-2014, 12:19 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

It only takes 2 seconds to run your fingers along the spark plug wire.

Mine was rubbing, and chafed. Nothing I'm scared of, I just bent the terminal a bit.

I would have dared him to go check mine and then tell me I'm wrong.

I commend you, I don't deal with stupid very well.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:20 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

....and why would those of us here at HDForums try to get people to stop riding?

I'm lost on that one.

I REALLY commend you. I believe I would have just taken my bike elsewhere.

Quick Reply: this forum is scaring people