Sponsored by:

Infotainment Version 1.17.4 BUGS and Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 09:15 AM
SquirtGun
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Infotainment Version 1.17.4 BUGS and Suggestions

Well, after reading all (not really all) the posts on the problems with the Infotainment system I think we need to have one post for all the bugs we find per software version. Since 1.17.4 is the latest version we should put all the Bugs and Suggestions here. If they're in one area we can take them to HD. I've already called them once on some problems and I got "we'll send them to the correct department". Please limit this post to the items at hand and limit the other misc comments.

So if we use the following format in the reply heading, we can track them....

BUG: "insert your bug description here"

SUG: "insert your suggestion here"

Perhaps we can make this post a sticky if it works out.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:20 AM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by SquirtGun
Well, after reading all (not really all) the posts on the problems with the Infotainment system I think we need to have one post for all the bugs we find per software version. Since 1.17.4 is the latest version we should put all the Bugs and Suggestions here. If they're in one area we can take them to HD. I've already called them once on some problems and I got "we'll send them to the correct department". Please limit this post to the items at hand and limit the other misc comments.

So if we use the following format in the reply heading, we can track them....

BUG: "insert your bug description here"

SUG: "insert your suggestion here"

Perhaps we can make this post a sticky if it works out.
Might not work. Here's why:

My buddy upgraded to 1.17.4 right after it first appeared (maybe back in late Jan). I waited until Jun 25 to download & update to 1.17.4 because of mixed comments on HDF regarding fixes vs new bugs. We were working together on our CB's. His functioned differently than mine, despite "supposedly" having the same software version. We then updated his system to the version of 1.17.4 that I had on my USB stick. His system then operated exactly the same as mine.

This has led us to believe there may actually be multiple (subtle changes) versions of 1.17.4 software out there.

BTW - The newer version requires the CB to be cycled off then back on before it will transmit (via PTT of course) after every system boot up.

Old 07-04-2014, 02:16 PM
dgdamore
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default BUG: SXM presets change to WB

That's basically it. My Sirius/XM favorite presets have on 2 occasions changed to random WB stations and I had to manually seek out the previously "Favorited" stations and reset them as favorites. Yesterday, they changed again, and for some reason, before my eyes, changed back to the SXM presets by themselves. Weird.

FYI, these are favorites that include, SXM, AM and FM stations on the same list. Not the SXM exclusive favorites preset list.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:16 PM
wlibert
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

On mine the radio will always come on when I start the bike and when I play media or FM the fade is always full bore to the rear speakers, nothing to the front. I have to adjust the fade every time.

Old 07-23-2014, 01:35 PM
kevinharp1
1st Gear
Default BUG: Navigation doesn't recognize VOX Commands

Problem: VOX works for everything EXCEPT being able to dictate commands to the Navigation system. e.g. DESTINATION 12345 AnyStreet, ST. Responds with <audible> Please Wait <> and display says: "Please Wait Navigation system not ready".

Background: IT ACTUALLY WORKED for about the first 2 weeks I had it. Then it inexplicably stopped working. At the 1000mi service the Dealer reloaded the S/W but didn't work and the Dealer really didn't know what to do or say about it.

Encouragement: I was on a trip to Nags Head, NC riding around, kept trying the VOX Destination command, and wonder of wonders, it actully worked. and continued to work for the next 2 days. Upon my return home to Northern Virginia it no longer works and reverts to the unwanted behavior.

The only think I can think is somehow the riding in the rain, parking outside, the heat, the humidity had some effect?

I use the headset and boom mike that comes with...

Harley really needs to make a concerted effort to a) teach the dealer shops to know how it works and what is expected instead of giving a blank look and shrugging their shoulders or suggesting that "I" don't know what I'm doing, which just puts me on the defensive and gets me pissed off at the dealer and b) acknowledge the issues and actively work with the infotainment vendor to address the issues.

thanks for the bandwidth.

Kevin

Old 07-23-2014, 02:06 PM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammz
Might not work. Here's why:

My buddy upgraded to 1.17.4 right after it first appeared (maybe back in late Jan). I waited until Jun 25 to download & update to 1.17.4 because of mixed comments on HDF regarding fixes vs new bugs. We were working together on our CB's. His functioned differently than mine, despite "supposedly" having the same software version. We then updated his system to the version of 1.17.4 that I had on my USB stick. His system then operated exactly the same as mine.

This has led us to believe there may actually be multiple (subtle changes) versions of 1.17.4 software out there.

BTW - The newer version requires the CB to be cycled off then back on before it will transmit (via PTT of course) after every system boot up.
I have the 1.17.4 that I installed in January. My cb comes on right of way

Old 07-23-2014, 02:11 PM
WaucondaRider
Tourer
Default BUG: Weather Band

Quite a few times now, while listening to media on a thumb drive it has suddenly switched to a weather band with nothing but static.

Last edited by WaucondaRider; 07-24-2014 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:17 PM
WaucondaRider
Tourer
Default SUG: Route Planning

There should be a better way to be able to follow the exact route you have laid out using the the Harley Ride Planner. Several times while on a trip in Iowa, the GPS rerouted from the route that had been planned using the Ride Planner.

Along those same lines, we should be able to shape routes without waypoints that become destinations to the GPS. I want to be able to go from Point A to Point B along a particular route without having to jump through hoops if we make a detour or get rerouted due to traffic or construction.

Old 07-23-2014, 02:25 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

I must have got something right,no issues to speak of,only have the 4.3 and don't use the cb.

Old 07-23-2014, 04:25 PM
Gunnysgt
Grand HDF Member
Received 561 Likes on 272 Posts

Some of the gripes here are fixable already and not really software bugs. Sounds like some guys have the wx band alerts turned ON, turn them OFF. A few other issues here that are already fixable. My biggest annoyance it the fact the radio comes on 95% of the time when I start the bike even when it was turned off when the bike was shut down. I tried a few posted fixes involving the mute/volume button etc, none worked

Quick Reply: Infotainment Version 1.17.4 BUGS and Suggestions