Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Infotainment Version 1.17.4 BUGS and Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 07:42 PM
Rockgeezer
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have latest software version, 1.17.4 and have zero issues. Everything works as it should and am very satisfied with the whole system. Have taken the time to research everything well before I purchased this latest bike and also taken plenty of time to learn it all so has become very intuitive and natural in the operation of everything. Couldn't ask for anything more, everything works perfectly during and after I just turned 9K miles.

Old 07-23-2014, 07:56 PM
AegisII
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The music coming from the speakers will not stop or mute when I push the button to talk on the cb, but when someone talks to me the music stops, I don't get it......

When I turn the bike off and restart, the music (USB Media) changes to FM radio or turns the infotainment system completely off... I then have to restart everything.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:05 PM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

When it's warm outside (90+), for about 5 to 10 minutes after startup, the 4.3 screen is blank. The unit works…you just don't get any visual feedback. Then, after 5 to 10 minutes, the screen suddenly appears and all is well…

When streaming from my iPod (via USB), the music pauses (or cuts out) for several seconds, then resumes. This happens about once every 30 minutes…

If I turn the radio off before shut down, sometimes it comes on when I next power the bike up. I usually leave the radio on, so I don't know how often this occurs. But it happens…

I have version 1.17.4 on a 4.3.

Alan

Old 07-23-2014, 09:12 PM
wpdjoey
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Havent had any issues since the update I loaded it beginning of july

Old 07-23-2014, 09:57 PM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunnysgt
Some of the gripes here are fixable already and not really software bugs. Sounds like some guys have the wx band alerts turned ON, turn them OFF. A few other issues here that are already fixable. My biggest annoyance it the fact the radio comes on 95% of the time when I start the bike even when it was turned off when the bike was shut down. I tried a few posted fixes involving the mute/volume button etc, none worked
Same for me with the radio....mute/off did not change it..before the update if I turned it off with the iPod on when I restarted it it was on again......not now

Old 07-23-2014, 11:07 PM
ke5rbd
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by AegisII
The music coming from the speakers will not stop or mute when I push the button to talk on the cb, but when someone talks to me the music stops, I don't get it......

When I turn the bike off and restart, the music (USB Media) changes to FM radio or turns the infotainment system completely off... I then have to restart everything.
A work around that worked for me was to turn the Intercom on and adjust the volume the way you want it. I then turn the vox all the way to the minus side to keep it from coming on when I don't want it. The CB has worked correct ever since I did this. The Intercom also works much better than it did on my 10 limited when I use it.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:37 AM
Wayne Carlton
Cruiser

Originally Posted by AegisII

The work around for that is to turn you cb off then back on after each start

Old 07-24-2014, 03:33 PM
Candubrain
Road Master
Received 210 Likes on 114 Posts

BUG: iPod connection issues, sometimes the Infotainment system recognizes it and plays the music, other times is just says "Reading.............."

SUG: Make the system bluetooth compatible with all Bluetooth headsets, i.e. Nolan's nCom, Sena, Motorola, etc. I hate having a cable attached my my head, I always feel it and it become an interference.

Old 07-24-2014, 05:28 PM
kevinharp1
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kevinharp1
Problem: VOX works for everything EXCEPT being able to dictate commands to the Navigation system. e.g. DESTINATION 12345 AnyStreet, ST. Responds with <audible> Please Wait <> and display says: "Please Wait Navigation system not ready".

Background: IT ACTUALLY WORKED for about the first 2 weeks I had it. Then it inexplicably stopped working. At the 1000mi service the Dealer reloaded the S/W but didn't work and the Dealer really didn't know what to do or say about it.

Encouragement: I was on a trip to Nags Head, NC riding around, kept trying the VOX Destination command, and wonder of wonders, it actually worked. and continued to work for the next 2 days. Upon my return home to Northern Virginia it no longer works and reverts to the unwanted behavior.
Update: After scanning through the other comments I came across a comment that said something like "well, everyone knows you have to cycle the CB..." (not exactly but...) Well, I didn't know that. So I went to the garage and turned the CB on waited for everything to boot up. Turned off and back on again... Viola' the VOX works for Destination.

Then I got to thinking that when I was in NAGS Head driving around on the road to Okracoke (boring), that I turned on the CB, not sure if we stopped and or what, but somewhere along the trip is when the VOX started working again. So the "CB on" thing must have been it. I now have it on a usually unused station with the squelch turned all the way up. I hope that was the trick, as I can live with that.

I have a suggestion for the list.

1. Can we get a "Sticky" topic for "Infotainment Bugs and Suggestions", with an attachment and collect all the known Bugs and suggested fixes IN ONE FILE. so that we can a) have a quick and easy way to go and b) have a single file that we can send to Harley (or whoever makes the infotainment system)? I'll be happy to help write and edit, I just don't know how to make that happen.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

BTW, I have a basic black one, with 4500 miles.

Kevin

Old 07-24-2014, 07:32 PM
YPD485
Stellar HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by iwillfixthem4u
I have the 1.17.4 that I installed in January. My cb comes on right of way
The cb will turn on, but to transmit, you have to turn the cb off, then on again, then it works fine. Well except for the horribly tuned cb antenna that lets you transmit with a range of about 200 feet. Oh boy!

Quick Reply: Infotainment Version 1.17.4 BUGS and Suggestions