Sponsored by:

Nav software update fails

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 12:58 PM
SecondGear
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Nav software update fails

Anyone get this error message while trying to update the NAV software?
Error: Nav_sync_NoNavContent
Here's what I did:
  1. attached an empty USB stick & did an Settings->Navigation->Export
  2. installed Navi software on PC
  3. inserted the USB stick into the PC
  4. Got the message "There is an urgent update" and followed the instructions to load the update onto the USB stick
  5. re-attached to the bike and turned turned ignition to accessory

It asks if I want to apply the update, I say yes, The update runs for a bit and then produces the error message. Anyone get past this?

I found on page in french that explains how to get past the error but google translate isn't the best... Here's the french page: http://www.passion-harley.net/t52054...re-et-utiliser

Old 07-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Bohacker
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the same with the same result.

I met my current wife in Paris, I will send her the link and have her translate. Will post her response here. Thanks.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Bohacker
Road Master

Ok, I did a quick bing translate and it worked pretty well. I don't see anything in that link that provides new info. Will let you know if the wife uncovers anything.

Old 07-01-2014, 01:24 PM
WaucondaRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had no luck with the update either.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:27 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

FWIW - A couple days ago I ran the NaviExtras Toolbox. It checked, found & installed an update to the Naviextras Toolbox itself. When I then connected my USB stick with my Nav system export file, the Toolbox gave me a message saying my system image file was up to date.

Original attempts gave the same result others are reporting. I've concluded the most recent Toolbox software update has finally been updated to reflect the correct production version of Nav software in the bike's Infotainment system. Note, this is only my conclusion & may not reflect the actual reason I got the system is up to date message.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:48 PM
WaucondaRider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So that might be it...the "important update" is for the toolbox software. You then must purchase and download the map update?

Old 07-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by WaucondaRider
So that might be it...the "important update" is for the toolbox software. You then must purchase and download the map update?
Yes, but there isn't a new map update available for NA.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:14 PM
Bohacker
Road Master

I hate to rant but paying for a map update seems so last millennium. You can buy a garmin for your car for $150 and it comes with lifetime map updates. We spend, what, $2K and get a 2 yr old map and then have to cough up $150+ to buy a year old map. I'll probably just live with the delivered map. Mostly use it for driving to unknown back roads and they are probably pretty stable. Plus I can always use my phone in a pinch

Old 07-01-2014, 05:32 PM
Duffyone
Cruiser
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

In your steps to install, I didn't see that you unzipped the download file. Download the file from HD site, unzip it on your pc, tranfer unzipped file/folder onto your flash drive then put flash drive into your bike's usb port then go through the install process. You may have already done this, if so that's all I got. I had no problem updating software.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:44 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Bohacker
I hate to rant but paying for a map update seems so last millennium. You can buy a garmin for your car for $150 and it comes with lifetime map updates. We spend, what, $2K and get a 2 yr old map and then have to cough up $150+ to buy a year old map. I'll probably just live with the delivered map. Mostly use it for driving to unknown back roads and they are probably pretty stable. Plus I can always use my phone in a pinch
That has more to do with marketing than anything else. If Garmin sold stand alone units that then charged for updates, they'd be out of business much sooner than they already will be.

The standalone GPS market is dying, being quickly replaced by built-in vehicle systems on one end and smartphones on the other.

Very few people have the need for a standalone GPS unit today.

The in-vehicle systems have you by the *****, what are you going to do, rip it out and buy a new one or pay $100-$200 or an update? All my cars are the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Quick Reply: Nav software update fails