Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody regret buying a '14?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 09:55 PM
itnetpro
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No regrets here! Close to 5,000 Miles to date and only problems I had was a lower black plastic engine guard that lost its life due to a big steal thing in the road I hit. They replaced it under warranty. Only had one recall on her for the ABS brake line but mine came through with a clean bill of health. They just needed to secure the brake cable with two ties. Beyond that I think the Infotainment system is awesome! Maybe the GPS can use a few improvements but it always got the job done for me and I feel confident they will improve off that with future updates so its still a work in progress. The com system, streaming music and connection to the phone are second to none. Never had any issues in that department other then two screen lockups since I bought her but had that with other GPS systems I bought in the past so no big deal. Simple power cycle of the bike did fix. I came from BMWs and Jap Sport Touring bikes and this bike is the best bike I ever owned.

John

Last edited by itnetpro; 06-26-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Old 06-26-2014, 10:03 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

No regrets here. Traded a great 12 Limited for this awesome machine. Probablt my last Harley...maybe

Old 06-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Dave Thorpe
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like the other guys have said, you're so close to the 2015 release date you might best wait then take your pick between the '14 and '15. It's hard to imagine that the '15 models will not have some improvements.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:24 PM
DanVan54
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I traded my 08 road king classic in for a 14 limited and have no regrets. My limited has worked perfectly . It is a great ride!

Old 06-26-2014, 11:16 PM
PowerstrokeNC
Advanced

traded my 10 Ultra for 14 Limited, I am still giggling how good this bike is.....

Old 06-27-2014, 12:52 AM
Nickatnyt
Road Warrior
Received 123 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by casbar
Nope, traded an 07 Heritage for a 14 CVO RK, what a bike, can't stop smiling. Brilliant bike
Test rode a '14 RK and still can't stop thinking about it, but I don't feel like coughing up $2000 to get out of my '13 fatboy. The RK is brilliant for those who don't need nav or tunes.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:08 AM
John Adams
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nickatnyt
The RK is brilliant for those who don't need nav or tunes.
Don't need or want!

I love my 14 Road King. Runs like a champ. My third Harley-Davidson in seven years. Only complaint is the engine is much noisier than my previous two. Lots of loud ticking and tapping coming from the top end. Of course the dealer's service department says it's normal. Anything to avoid warranty work (at a much lower hourly rate) I suppose.

JA

Old 06-27-2014, 02:28 AM
Freesince1903
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where to start.

Is your bike paid off? do you want a new payment?

If you are trading in your bike it will be worth less in aug when the new blackbook comes out along with the 15 models.

Compare the classic to the limited. I chose the classic with the nav radio. A few things I did not like on the limited, Liquid cooled, keeps you from removing lowers if you ever wanted to. And not a big fan of liquid cooled on my motorcycle.
I also did not like the painted inner fairing, or the rack on top of the tour pack. like the cleaner look on the classic pack. I didn't need the cb or heated grips.
Also didn't mind the rims, as I have changed them on all my previous bikes.
You save some money by getting the classic, but just review both and look at them side by side. Also not sure what color you are looking for but a few only come on one or the other. Lastly I do like my new bike, traded in my 11' streetglide for it. Do miss my customized bike but also like the comfort of my new one. I have just under 300 miles on it so really have not ridden enough to say love it or hate it yet. Hope this helps a bit. I did buy from badger Harley and they did treat me very well, gave me way over any other dealers in the area.

Old 06-27-2014, 04:54 AM
KCwildguy
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BadgerBoy
Thanks for all the reviews! Like it was said, it's hard to tell how prevalent issues are on a forum because you often don't read about the guys not having problems.

That said, I'm still debating on the ultra classic vs the limited ...
The heat never really bothered me much, maybe a few days in the upper 90's it was pretty toasty. Then again I usually ride in the northern midwest, not in texas heat.

Trying to figure if all the extras on the limited are worth it 'to me'. Though it seems like a great idea I have never used my CB, none of my buddies have it. I like the idea of built in gps, but it sounds like I couldn't use it to plot my overly complicated backroad rides. Security module ... not sure if that has been worth it as I never saw anyone tampering with my bike. Painted fairing, gauges, chrome wheels, heated grips, extra outlet ... decisions, decisions
I went with the Ultra Classic, and I have no regrets whatsoever. I put the Tourpak power outlet in, and highway pegs, and the rest is bone stock. Except for some chrome pieces, I won't change a thing. I don't regret not moving up to the Limited, how can you miss items you never had? So to me, it was a no brainer, I kept the extra cash and use it for gas. 1500 miles, zero problems, wouldn't go back and do it any differently. Just get what you want, and know that there are a lot of satisfied Rushmore owners out here, you just don't hear from us, because we don't have any complaints.

Old 06-27-2014, 08:45 AM
Gunner B
Cruiser

I've only owned older Harley's, 03 Night Train and an 05 Heritage. I traded in the 03 for a 14 FLHTK and all I can say is WOW! Zero regrets at all. I used to love riding the Heritage and now I have to force myself to ride it once or twice a week. The 14 is incredible!

Quick Reply: Anybody regret buying a '14?