Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody regret buying a '14?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 06:29 PM
SquirtGun
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YES...I traded my 2012 heritage softail for a 14 Limited....Today i'm pissed that i did it...see this

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...l#post12925559

Old 06-29-2014, 06:49 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by SquirtGun
YES...I traded my 2012 heritage softail for a 14 Limited....Today i'm pissed that i did it...see this https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...l#post12925559
Just read you other post. I'm curious, how was the built in GPS on the Heritage superior to this bike ? because that appears to be your only issue with the new bike.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 06-29-2014, 06:59 PM
SquirtGun
Tourer

Originally Posted by offthewall
Just read you other post. I'm curious, how was the built in GPS on the Heritage superior to this bike ? because that appears to be your only issue with the new bike.

Yes...Just a bad day, I guess...The infotainment center was a major factor in my purchase...GPS, bluetooth, Radio and media...I think the GPS and Bluetooth was misleading and they really suck....If I knew better I would have waited until they worked the bugs out.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:24 PM
Solex
Cruiser
Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I think the 2014's are awesome, best ever, but I've thought that about the last 5 new Harley's I've bought so I'm bias.
I think the GPS on my SGS is the best I've ever used, but it's the first one I've ever had. Just haven't found a real benefit of using one yet.
Enjoy the bike, play video games at home.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:16 PM
twitchcvma
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BadgerBoy
Thinking about trading in my '09 ultra for a '14 ultra or limited.

I'm just not very confident in the nav/radio system or the liquid cooling. We travel two-up a fair bit (12-15000 a year) and being confident in my ride is a big factor in enjoying the trip. So the question I'm faced with is stick some $ into my 09 or stick more $$$ into a 14?

So was the 14 worth it to you? Do you regret your purchase at all? Should I just wait for the 15s?

And don't say get a gold wing ... Ain't gonna happen

If the nav/radio and liquid cooling is harshing your mellow go with the ultra classic. that's exactly why i didn't go limited. First year model always gives me the jitters. New liquid cooling and new voice command? No thanks. To many things, in my opinion, to go wrong.
this is my first HD. I love it. My wife loves it. Simple air cooling. No voice nav. I have 2 nav systems...my garmin and my android phone.
some people gotta have the bells and whistles. And I am thankful they are out there...they are the ones that try the new stuff and help get the kinks out.

Old 06-29-2014, 11:33 PM
Peteinpc
Novice

Love my '14 SGS, haven't used the GPS, and probably never will. I dig the fuel injection, the fairing, the fairing vent, the 103 engine (old fatboy was an 88), and the radio. When comparing it to an '04 softail, it's hard to feel anything but love for the '14 SGS.

I paid the stage 1 tax and put a V&H pro pipe on it. It rides great and sounds awesome... Couldn't be happier.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:41 AM
streetglide clyde
Advanced

Originally Posted by offthewall
What type of vibration are you having?

Harleys do vibrate and shake like hell. It's part of the charm.

Nothing charming about this....https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...eetglide+clyde

Old 06-30-2014, 06:46 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Everyone pissing and moaning about the GPS...

I bought a $60,000 2013 Cadillac SRX, with every available option.

Friggin AWESOME piece of machinery.

The GPS operated almost identical to the on om my '14 FLHTK.

If you want a Garmin, buy a Garmin.

Would I like the useability of my Garmin Nuvi on the infotainment system? Hell yes.
Is that going to happen? Hell no.

Get used to it or shut it off.....

Old 06-30-2014, 07:34 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
Everyone pissing and moaning about the GPS... I bought a $60,000 2013 Cadillac SRX, with every available option. Friggin AWESOME piece of machinery. The GPS operated almost identical to the on om my '14 FLHTK. If you want a Garmin, buy a Garmin. Would I like the useability of my Garmin Nuvi on the infotainment system? Hell yes. Is that going to happen? Hell no. Get used to it or shut it off.....
Funny I was just thinking that I'm glad I've never owned a Garmin GPS. There is apparently something about their OS that ruins you for life from being able to use any other GPS system. LOL.

The GPS on my Limited works pretty much the same as the one on my 2013 Audi S4, 2012 Jeep Wrangler and my previous 2008 BMW 328. Except that the voice commands and Bluetooth telephone work flawlessly out in the wind at 70 mph and I can also control it with two thumbs with heavy gloves on while never taking my hands off the bars. If I have the soft top on the jeep, I can barely make a phone call let alone voice commands with the wind noise!

Old 06-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Zeus55
Road Master
Received 114 Likes on 62 Posts

GPS problem...??? nope! never had any!
Works perfectly!

Quick Reply: Anybody regret buying a '14?