Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best sounding slip ons for Street Glide Special

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2014 | 06:21 PM
RushKing14
Tourer

Originally Posted by nevada72
Anyone running the stock pipe with cat and Rineharts?
Yes, I have the stock header and A/C with Rinehart 4"
They have a very low (bass) rumble, nice bark when you get on it, and mellow out on the slab. Overall a little too quiet for me personally, so I will be putting a header and A/C on fairly soon to wake it up.

I can still hear my valve train over them when riding around in town and slow slab, so I imagine you would have no issue hearing the radio if you have one.

Old 06-25-2014 | 07:02 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by mjinks61
Yes, I have the stock header and A/C with Rinehart 4" They have a very low (bass) rumble, nice bark when you get on it, and mellow out on the slab. Overall a little too quiet for me personally, so I will be putting a header and A/C on fairly soon to wake it up. I can still hear my valve train over them when riding around in town and slow slab, so I imagine you would have no issue hearing the radio if you have one.
Got the same. I agree with your assessment other than they are a tiny tiny bit too loud sometimes.

I like them.

Old 06-25-2014 | 08:37 PM
jb27
Tourer

They have a very low (bass) rumble, nice bark when you get on it, and mellow out on the slab. Overall a little too quiet for me personally, so I will be putting a header and A/C on fairly soon to wake it up.

I can still hear my valve train over them when riding around in town and slow slab, so I imagine you would have no issue hearing the radio if you have one.
I also have the 4" Rineharts with stock head pipes (w/ cat) and stock AC. It sounds better than stock but too quiet for my taste. As soon as $$ permits I'll be getting dresser duals and new AC. Bike still feels choked when riding, I assume from the cat.

Old 06-25-2014 | 11:50 PM
nevada72
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by jb27
I also have the 4" Rineharts with stock head pipes (w/ cat) and stock AC. It sounds better than stock but too quiet for my taste. As soon as $$ permits I'll be getting dresser duals and new AC. Bike still feels choked when riding, I assume from the cat.
Great to hear. Sounds like the way I may go. I have Street Cannons on order, but apparently the are on back order, so maybe time to change it up.

Thanks for the info.