Sponsored by:

CB INSTALL ON 2014 FLHXS - Street Glide Special

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 08:47 PM
PSRumors
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael P. Rizzo
I am speaking with another guy in the forum and may buy his RH cluster with the PTT function. Will need to save up for a minute or two for the CB but I think I'm going to try and do this. Sincerely Scott14SG thanks!!!
Keep your eyes open, I was able to pick up a used module for $125

Old 09-07-2016, 09:23 PM
beammeup
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Great thread. We couldn't have installed the CB and lighted switches without it. Extremely helpful.

I put the above in a 2016 street glide with a hidden in-fairing antenna and no flash was needed. Worked immediately and very clear to/from another bike about 20 yards away.
The owner didn't want the com connection mounted on the tank so we ended up securing it to the tank mount to the back bone. Worked nicely. Can hardly see it.

Old 03-02-2017, 11:27 AM
BobbytheButcher
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Different Wiring Harness Required?

I know this thread is a bit dated but I'm looking to install a CB with full functionality on my 2015 SGS. My biggest question is whether or not a new wiring harness is required for the PTT switch on the RH controls to work or if the original 2015 SGS harness has the capability to just plug in to the PTT switch.

My dealer is recommending purchasing a wiring harness from an Ultra to fit the solution but in all the threads I've read, nobody seems to mention a need for this. If so, how in depth is the change out process (looking to do the work myself with exception to the Flash if needed).

Thanks!

Old 03-02-2017, 01:37 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 580 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbytheButcher
I know this thread is a bit dated but I'm looking to install a CB with full functionality on my 2015 SGS. My biggest question is whether or not a new wiring harness is required for the PTT switch on the RH controls to work or if the original 2015 SGS harness has the capability to just plug in to the PTT switch.

My dealer is recommending purchasing a wiring harness from an Ultra to fit the solution but in all the threads I've read, nobody seems to mention a need for this. If so, how in depth is the change out process (looking to do the work myself with exception to the Flash if needed).

Thanks!
Again, you DON'T need a new wiring harness. You need a new dealer that knows what they're doing. Obviously the one that's recommending a new wiring harness is totally clueless.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:24 PM
BobbytheButcher
4th Gear

This news is much appreciated. Thanks again for the help. I've already pretty much decided that I'm going to be riding down to Jacksonville from now on to see a dealer.

Old 03-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Dutch101st
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbytheButcher
This news is much appreciated. Thanks again for the help. I've already pretty much decided that I'm going to be riding down to Jacksonville from now on to see a dealer.
I just did an install on my 2015 SGS and you DO NOT NEED a wiring harness for the switch module. If you like, you can PM me with any questions. Hardest part was the pin-out on the headset wiring connector...that was a PITA.

ALSO- I did not need to have my Boom system flashed...I had comms right away. If you have the CB icon in the lower bar of the screen you may be good to go. Test with another CB and if you have comms, you have comms!

Last edited by Dutch101st; 03-02-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:38 PM
Dutch101st
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammz
Again, you DON'T need a new wiring harness. You need a new dealer that knows what they're doing. Obviously the one that's recommending a new wiring harness is totally clueless.

Old 03-03-2017, 08:27 AM
BobbytheButcher
4th Gear

Thanks, you guys are awesome. This is something that I've been planning on doing from the start but just recently the Trip Computer button on my left hand switch stopped working so I'm planning on having the dealership do a warranty replacement and just pay for the difference in cost of the new upgraded switch set then do the rest of the work myself.

Old 03-03-2017, 10:48 AM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

at a certain point a software upgrade(self installed mine or as delivered later) in 2015 included the cb, so no dealer was needed after that.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:24 AM
PSRumors
Road Captain
Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

My '16 had to be flashed. The head unit recognized the module but I could not transmit or hear anything.

Quick Reply: CB INSTALL ON 2014 FLHXS - Street Glide Special