Sponsored by:

CB INSTALL ON 2014 FLHXS - Street Glide Special

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 05:23 PM
marcospinto
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 CVO console

What is the part number for the 2014 CVO console pls?

Old 01-29-2015, 05:22 AM
nuages
Cruiser
Default All The Way

Just so all the guys know.
On my FLHX I now also have full working CB and Rider Passenger Intercom...usnig a 2013 Quick Detach Tour Pak.
So if any Dealer says it can't be done.......oh yes it can.

Old 01-29-2015, 06:47 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by nuages
Just so all the guys know.
On my FLHX I now also have full working CB and Rider Passenger Intercom...usnig a 2013 Quick Detach Tour Pak.
So if any Dealer says it can't be done.......oh yes it can.
I know you posted about this in another thread but the last time I looked you were still working on the rider-passenger intercom part. How did you finally get it to work?

Old 01-29-2015, 05:58 PM
ny2az
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

also interested...thx

Old 01-29-2015, 10:25 PM
RMI_135
Intermediate

Ditt0

Old 01-30-2015, 04:33 AM
nuages
Cruiser
Default Wish I Knew The Details

Sorry guys......I do not know the details. All I can say is that there is a great Tech at my local Dealership and he will fabricate (where he can) what HD don't provide.
The volume control on the speaker pod does not work because they are stock 2013 pods (ie not canbus), but the passenger just plugs the 7 pin din plug into the socket on the pod (a 2014 bike socket) and lo and behold full intercom with voice level actuation/volume level control.There was some debate about whether it was practical because it involved soldering some very thin wires.
The Tech keeps his knowledge to himself......but I reckon I am the only FLHX 2014 owner in the UK with a 2013 detachable Tour Pak with all the bells and whistles of an Ultra.
Just wish I could pass on the details

Old 01-30-2015, 08:16 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by nuages
Sorry guys......I do not know the details. All I can say is that there is a great Tech at my local Dealership and he will fabricate (where he can) what HD don't provide.
The volume control on the speaker pod does not work because they are stock 2013 pods (ie not canbus), but the passenger just plugs the 7 pin din plug into the socket on the pod (a 2014 bike socket) and lo and behold full intercom with voice level actuation/volume level control.There was some debate about whether it was practical because it involved soldering some very thin wires.
The Tech keeps his knowledge to himself......but I reckon I am the only FLHX 2014 owner in the UK with a 2013 detachable Tour Pak with all the bells and whistles of an Ultra.
Just wish I could pass on the details
Glad it is working for you. Not having that capability was a key reason I eventually bought the Ultra Classic instead of the SG. My wife had expressed a desire to ride 2up on longer rides or during the colder weather when she can't ride her own bike. I had planned on adding the CB (and tour pack, etc.) later but just couldn't get past having to use a throat mic or some other system connected to the Harley in addition to a Bluetooth headset just so I could talk to her and use the CB.

I know that Sena is now selling a cable designed by one of the guys on the forums that lets their headsets work with the Harley system as well as talking to other riders but I already have the Scala headsets and couldn't see buying a whole new system just because the intercom won't work.

I wonder if you can convince your Tech to share his knowledge with one of the vendors before Harley eventually makes one. Maybe other SG riders could then share your success and he might even make some $$ from the vendor for his idea.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:12 AM
marcospinto
Stage III
Default CVO console

Do you have the part number for the cvo console? I cant find it on HD's site.

Old 02-05-2015, 08:37 PM
HDRiderPA
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealer also said a CB install is not possible to do on a Street Glide. Amazing we hear so many variations on what we can and cannot do. Some dealers say yes, some say no. My question is this: How can they not know this? It has to be something that comes up regularly.

Old 07-19-2016, 06:49 PM
Michael P. Rizzo
Novice
Thumbs up Scott14SG, YOU SIR are a gentleman and a scholar!

Originally Posted by Scott14SG
Mike- by no means am I the authority on any of this but that's kind of odd, I'd take it down for the flash.

Rustrtal- The CB install is actually pretty easy, just takes a little time. Here's a link to my dropbox with instructions in both MS Word and PDF format. It looks way more complicated than it really is.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jtrrw1x16...AwS6ARAqoFshia
I am speaking with another guy in the forum and may buy his RH cluster with the PTT function. Will need to save up for a minute or two for the CB but I think I'm going to try and do this. Sincerely Scott14SG thanks!!!

Quick Reply: CB INSTALL ON 2014 FLHXS - Street Glide Special