Originally Posted by Racin929
I should have titled it, "$1000 vs $100"
what they will be saying...

Batman

Old 03-29-2016, 12:55 PM
rydeer
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the great Info. I don't ride a lot at night, But I want to make it home when I do. Just hoping It doesn't mess up Radio. I never had a radio before (road king) I sang to myself a lot. Wish I had a clean Garage like that!!

Old 03-29-2016, 01:58 PM
BigDawgQC
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 336 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by paulmj
That looks good and at a great price. Does it fit fine in the existing bucket and use the existing trim ring? I see their site says 14+ needs a wiring adapter, which one did you use? Cheers!
I will get some more pictures up soon. Everything fits with stock bucket & trim ring. Took less than 20 minutes to install. You need HD part # 69200897. $19.95.

Old 03-29-2016, 02:12 PM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDawgQC
I will get some more pictures up soon. Everything fits with stock bucket & trim ring. Took less than 20 minutes to install. You need HD part # 69200897. $19.95.
My Cree were plug and play nothing else needed at all. I took the whole front fairing off removed a christmas tree with a harness on it out of the way from the neck and plugged the led bulbs in. Double gasket them since our wonderful michigan roads suck at best so they dont turn and your all set. Nothing else needed. Mine is a 14 SG.

Batman

Old 03-29-2016, 02:26 PM
overthehill?
Road Master
Received 166 Likes on 42 Posts

Quick question: so it seems like the Sirius Cree bulbs (not sure which one) for the dual halogen headlight DOES NOT have the visibility issue during the day...yes? Did you also change out the passing lights?

If so (sorry for the dumb question) what would it take to replace headlight and passing lights for a '14 RK?

Old 03-29-2016, 02:30 PM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by overthehill?
Quick question: so it seems like the Sirius Cree bulbs (not sure which one) for the dual halogen headlight DOES NOT have the visibility issue during the day...yes? Did you also change out the passing lights?

If so (sorry for the dumb question) what would it take to replace headlight and passing lights for a '14 RK?
I don't have passing lights on my SG. and yes daytime its just as visible as it is at night. Very bright indeed.

Can't answer on the RK. I have never owned one. But i know they do make leds for the passing lights and stock halogen light for the SG, Id assume the RK takes the same headlight but Ive been known to assume things wrong before.

Batman

The following users liked this post:
overthehill? (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016, 02:40 PM
overthehill?
Road Master
Received 166 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by batman.
I don't have passing lights on my SG. and yes daytime its just as visible as it is at night. Very bright indeed.

Can't answer on the RK. I have never owned one. But i know they do make leds for the passing lights and stock halogen light for the SG, Id assume the RK takes the same headlight but Ive been known to assume things wrong before.

Batman
Thanks for the quick reply.

Are you saying that even off the side the LED headlight is visible? That is great news, as from what I have read, they were great at night, but not so much during the day.

Whoops, right, SG doesn't have passing lights...sorry. Is your headlight the one that has two halogen bulbs, one above the other (the lower is in a round reflector - brights, and the upper the low beam)? If so, probably the same light.

Old 03-29-2016, 03:37 PM
micmoren
Tourer
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by overthehill?
Thanks for the quick reply.

Are you saying that even off the side the LED headlight is visible? That is great news, as from what I have read, they were great at night, but not so much during the day.

Whoops, right, SG doesn't have passing lights...sorry. Is your headlight the one that has two halogen bulbs, one above the other (the lower is in a round reflector - brights, and the upper the low beam)? If so, probably the same light.
They might have the same dual-bulb halogen light but the RKs are different with the nacelle. Some have had issues with the LED lights with fans as the high beam won't fit due to the nacelle. You can search the forum for those that tried the Fulemoto LEDs that have the fans and on the RKs the high beam wouldn't fit. I haven't found much from 14+ RK owners as to what they were able to use for LED bulbs, so I haven't pulled the trigger on any yet.

The following users liked this post:
overthehill? (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016, 04:13 PM
rydeer
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So is the Cree a LED Or a Halogen? I'm so confused.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:25 PM
son of the hounds
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,715 Likes on 1,372 Posts

Subscribed

Quick Reply: LED Headlights - Facts & Opinion