Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Headlights - Facts & Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2016, 08:08 AM
weezl
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think likely the reason the manufactures don't talk about daytime brightness, because people don't typically associate daytime with needing headlights.

keep in mind that 90% of the headlights you guys are talking about are designed for industry use, and also fit motorcycles. The industrial use of these lights don't care about daytime visibility, as the vehicles they are going on are freaking huge AND typically have the headlights off during the day!

I don't think it's that they figure it's sub-par, and don't want to advertise that, but rather just an oversite

Old 03-28-2016, 01:46 PM
JD HD
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rustrtal
I would imagine that most of you with the spot/driving/fog/aux lights either have or plan to have a dealer flash your bikes so that they stay on with highbeams?
I had it done before I took delivery

Old 03-29-2016, 07:16 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by JD HD
I had it done before I took delivery
Same here. If I want the spots off, I use the dash switch. Works great!

Old 03-29-2016, 11:18 AM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by rydeer
So this sounds like the best Plan. I've had My bike 3 weeks and I'm so disappointed in the light. The sales man when I bought her from made such a big deal about the "Daymaker" " People are spending $600.00 to up grade" He said. Many of you are talking about Dealer flashes, $500.00 new bulbs, etc. I bought a new bike to not have to fix things. Had I known I would have pulled the headlight assy from My Road King. That light was great.
So. this Cree $79.00, is it all I need? Plugs right in? Big Halo like My road King had? Not too many amps for the elec system? Where did You Buy it from?
Thanks Steve
Sorry been away on vacation for the last few days and hadn't seen this yet until now. I got mine off amazon for 79 bucks and yes there plug and play. There is a second generation now which is supposed to be even better but i dont see how they could be. Only issue Ive had with mine is the fan can be heard when the bike is off but key on. Once started tho the pipes and music take way over. I have the XM module so I can't say if the led interfers with the FM or not plus my FM sucked in the first place hence the XM usage. There is a posting on here about the Sirus Cree leds just do a search on the rushmore side. I love mine and I can't see spending 600 on a daymaker only to have to get side lights to light it up more. To me thats just stupid spending money that can go to other better mods. I ride a street glide so it doesn't have the side lights already and I bought a SG for that reason it looks better more slimmer lined to me. I can't post pics here but send me a PM and i'll send my phone number over with pics via text message if anybody would like some pics during the day time with my Sirus Cree leds on.

Batman

The following users liked this post:
rydeer (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016, 11:43 AM
rydeer
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Batman, Thanks for the info. I don't need pics. ( they all look the same on the computer anyhow) I'll be looking for the Cree and hoping for the best FM as I can Get. It's fan cooled?

Old 03-29-2016, 12:03 PM
batman.
Road Master

Batman, Thanks for the info. I don't need pics. ( they all look the same on the computer anyhow) I'll be looking for the Cree and hoping for the best FM as I can Get. It's fan cooled?
Yep fan cooled. Works great, over 10K on them with no issues and lots of compliments on how bright they are and I haven't adjusted them yet either so they could get even better, never brighted either.

Batman

Old 03-29-2016, 12:05 PM
Racin929
Road Captain
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

here you go. 14 SGS vs 13 flstni.
Cree LED vs DAYMAKER
There is ALOT of info out there. Most havent seen the Sirius Cree LED's. I have them on my SGS, Batman too. I have noticed some interference with the FM radio, It doesnt bother me as I have pandora and usb music. Just know that there are some on this forum who say that LED bulbs are very directional. This is not the case for these. The stock reflective housing on the Rushmore's make the Cree's AMAZING. A nice pattern everywhere. I see everything on the road.

Attached Thumbnails LED Headlights - Facts & Opinion-img_3248.jpg   LED Headlights - Facts & Opinion-img_3249.jpg   LED Headlights - Facts & Opinion-img_3250.jpg   LED Headlights - Facts & Opinion-img_3251.jpg  
Old 03-29-2016, 12:09 PM
Racin929
Road Captain

Also. A side note. Notice how I am more on the side of the Softail? Thats because the LED's off my bike were blinding the shot. I turned the Softail towards me, and aimed more towards the softail just a little so it was a better comparison. There is the answer to the directional question. Directional might be a daymaker thing, but not a CREE thing.

Old 03-29-2016, 12:39 PM
batman.
Road Master

I was about to point that out that your closer to the older bike then the SG there. Nice side by side example in day light and at night. Just proves costing more isn't always the better choice. I like the halo ring the cree's puts out also. Nice side to side like a car ring of light no blind corners ever. Yes I do ride at night and day about as much. Been across the country with it also.

Batman

The following users liked this post:
Racin929 (03-29-2016)
Old 03-29-2016, 12:41 PM
Racin929
Road Captain

I should have titled it, "$1000 vs $100"

Quick Reply: LED Headlights - Facts & Opinion