Sponsored by:

Addition of pv2 exhaust etc

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014 | 03:27 PM
jake40ma
|
Cruiser
Default Addition of pv2 exhaust etc

Before I sink $1449 into a Fuel Moto purchase of a PV2,ceramic coated pipes,air cleaner upgrade and Jackpot mufflers, just wondering what I can reasonably expect? Am I going to feel like I'm on a different bike performancewise? Thanks for input from others who have done the same

Old 05-28-2014 | 04:04 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

In my opinion yes.. I have that setup and all over performance increase. Snappier throttle response, improved roll on power, certainly better sound and if I am calculating right (not that I was looking for this) slightly better mpg.
In my opinion worth it

Old 05-28-2014 | 04:21 PM
jake40ma
|
Cruiser

Joe did you auto tune your pv2 or did you use the canned map for that setup from Jamie at Fuel Moto?

Old 05-28-2014 | 05:06 PM
Pewter
Advanced

You will still feel like you are on a Harley not a Hayabusa. You could do it step by step to see the difference, maybe starting with just the PV with a stock improved map and run auto tune. You may be pleasantly surprised how it smoothes the ride out particularly at cruising speeds.

Old 05-28-2014 | 05:20 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by jake40ma
Joe did you auto tune your pv2 or did you use the canned map for that setup from Jamie at Fuel Moto?
I started with Jamie's map, did a few data log files and an Auto tune. Sent them to Jamie who looked them over, impressed with the results and made a few minor tweaks and sent me a new map based on the collected and tweaks. Each time you do an auto tune I gets it dialed in a bit better. I have asked several about doing a dyno, unless you want to throw away the tune Jamie provides they tell me it's not worth it.

Old 05-28-2014 | 05:54 PM
ATC2
Cruiser

Before I sink $1449 into a Fuel Moto purchase of a PV2,ceramic coated pipes,air cleaner upgrade and Jackpot mufflers, just wondering what I can reasonably expect? Am I going to feel like I'm on a different bike performancewise? Thanks for input from others who have done the same
Jake I'm considering the same upgrades and i was wondering why were you going with the ceramic coating on the pipes. Are you going to leave the heat shields off?

Old 05-28-2014 | 05:59 PM
Hozzie
Cruiser

I did the exact updates as well. I think it made a noticable difference. I haven't had a chance to do any autotunes yet, but I am certainly going to. Actually I just finished mounting my PV on my bike a few minutes ago. I only loaded the map Jamie sent with it to start, but I will now do some rides and see what it recommends.

Old 05-28-2014 | 09:19 PM
motordad
Cruiser

I have an appointment with Jamie for the 11th of August for the 2/1/2 SS Ceramic head pipe, Stage 1 air cleaner, Dynajet PV2, and 4" Jackpots. I'm having FuelMoto do the install and doing a Dyno. I know Jamie's maps are pretty accurate but they are generic for the selected setup. I want a map designed for MY bike.

Old 05-29-2014 | 05:30 AM
jake40ma
|
Cruiser

FM told me the ceramic coating could add up to a 55% decrease in the heat felt from exhaust. Even 33% would do wonders

Old 05-29-2014 | 07:31 AM
nhrider1
Road Warrior

What you can reasonably expect is:
- a reduction in heat on the right side of the bike (CAT removed)
-10-15% increase in power and torque
-a much smoother and crisper running bike

I did my FLHRC in Stages:
-Stage-1 made a noticible difference in how the bike ran and performed.

-Stage -2 (Andrews 48H cams and 2-1-2 header)really woke the bike up and made it lots more fun to ride.

I like Fuel Moto and their products. I don't think you will be disappointed in the results with the parts you have listed.

Quick Reply: Addition of pv2 exhaust etc