Sponsored by:

Radio Shack Siren on 2014 FLHTK

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 06:36 PM
smokingpig
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radio Shack Siren on 2014 FLHTK

I have read thru the threads on doing this mod in the touring section. I haven't been able to find info in the Rushmore section on adapting it to the FLHTK. I found what i believe to be the plug for the siren, but the wires don't match the colors listed in previous models. the plug has three wires, black, red, and green. the plug i'm refering to is behind the left panel, to the top right of the fuse panel.
any help is appreciated... i'm leaving on a trip in two weeks, and trying to make the bike secure.. ordered the Brukus saddle bag secure, now just need to add the siren to the alarm. i do have the manual, and do a lot of my own work, but i admit i can't read a electrical diagram to save my life.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:19 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by smokingpig
I have read thru the threads on doing this mod in the touring section. I haven't been able to find info in the Rushmore section on adapting it to the FLHTK. I found what i believe to be the plug for the siren, but the wires don't match the colors listed in previous models. the plug has three wires, black, red, and green. the plug i'm refering to is behind the left panel, to the top right of the fuse panel.
any help is appreciated... i'm leaving on a trip in two weeks, and trying to make the bike secure.. ordered the Brukus saddle bag secure, now just need to add the siren to the alarm. i do have the manual, and do a lot of my own work, but i admit i can't read a electrical diagram to save my life.

The Harley Siren is not that expensive.
The remote would be better.

Old 05-26-2014, 07:30 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer

Deleted

Last edited by Bigboyride; 05-26-2014 at 07:36 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:33 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer

Originally Posted by TenMidgets
The Harley Siren is not that expensive.
The remote would be better.

Get them both from Kutter Harley. It was a Very easy install !

Old 05-26-2014, 07:45 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Hundred Dollars.

I've used the Radio Shack siren on my last 4 Harleys, just haven't got around to it on the '14 yet.

Radio Shack siren has always worked AS GOOD as the Harley one, and it's $94 less expensive.
Yup, 6 bucks. I bought 4 of them last time I was in there, put them on mine, my OL's and my best friends, and still have one on the shelf.

Instead of $400, I spent $24.

There are things I think Harley does better than anyone else, and are worth the money.

There are things I think Harley sucks at, and WAY over-charge. The siren and garage door opener are two examples of this.

MY 2 cents.

Sorry, I haven't looked into this to see if they will, in fact, work on the '14. It may require a dealer flash... another "racket".

Old 05-26-2014, 08:37 PM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Why would you need Brukus locks on '14 saddlebags. The design is different. I can see a docking hardware lock...

Old 05-26-2014, 08:45 PM
smokingpig
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rustrtal
Why would you need Brukus locks on '14 saddlebags. The design is different. I can see a docking hardware lock...
I realize that the saddle bag pins are designed differently on the 2014, but I decided to invest in a little extra security.
It's probably only a matter of time be for some one figures out how to defeat the new pin system.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:33 PM
Harley Hound57
Road Captain

Tomorrow after work i can pull my cover and take a picture if you want, this is one of the first mods i did.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:35 PM
smokingpig
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Harley Hound57
Tomorrow after work i can pull my cover and take a picture if you want, this is one of the first mods i did.
That would be great. Thanks.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:58 PM
Harley Hound57
Road Captain

That would be great. Thanks.
Here it is, Red = orange\yellow Black = white\green

Last edited by Harley Hound57; 05-27-2014 at 12:02 AM.
The following users liked this post:
BrownSanta (03-17-2016)

Quick Reply: Radio Shack Siren on 2014 FLHTK