Old 05-09-2015, 11:39 AM
Shanebo
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

I used the blue ones...these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POSI-TAP-10p...item20f4e276a5

But, if I had any of these on hand (red), I'd have used them instead:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Pack-RED-...190c13&vxp=mtr

The blue are my most widely used of these, since they can be used for just about every application. And, keeping a bunch of different sizes on hand "just in case" is not exactly cheap, per piece.

All the best,

Shane

Old 05-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Jeepin79
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dwl25
Thanks, I was going to pull the trigger until I saw the shipping at $10. It could not be any more than half that to ship these small pieces.

Old 05-09-2015, 07:31 PM
2014streetglide
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
Installed mine Wednesday. Took more time to take off, and put back on, the saddle bag and side cover.

I simply bent the tinned wire ends of the siren back against the insulation and then slipped them firmly into the contacts of the plug. I then slipped the plug back into it holder which will keep the wires in place. I didn't even bother securing the siren. It slipped in behind some wiring and stayed in place on its own.

What a screamingly loud siren. I found out you don't want to be inside of the trailer when testing it. I don't even mind the chirp it makes at times when it's setting the circuit.
How has this set up stood up? Still going strong?

Old 05-10-2015, 08:20 AM
Timpechos
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shanebo
I used the blue ones...these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/POSI-TAP-10p...item20f4e276a5

But, if I had any of these on hand (red), I'd have used them instead:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Pack-RED-...190c13&vxp=mtr

The blue are my most widely used of these, since they can be used for just about every application. And, keeping a bunch of different sizes on hand "just in case" is not exactly cheap, per piece.

All the best,

Shane
Thanks

Old 05-10-2015, 11:20 AM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
Installed mine Wednesday. Took more time to take off, and put back on, the saddle bag and side cover.

I simply bent the tinned wire ends of the siren back against the insulation and then slipped them firmly into the contacts of the plug. I then slipped the plug back into it holder which will keep the wires in place. I didn't even bother securing the siren. It slipped in behind some wiring and stayed in place on its own.

What a screamingly loud siren. I found out you don't want to be inside of the trailer when testing it. I don't even mind the chirp it makes at times when it's setting the circuit.
Originally Posted by 2014streetglide
How has this set up stood up? Still going strong?

I feel it's permanent. The wires are just the right size to slide into the opening. Bending the tinned wire over, adding the thickness of the insulated portion of the wires gives it a strong contact connection and a snug fit into the connections.

Pressing the plug back into the plug's holder, and seating it, secures the siren wires from strain and freeing themselves from being seated into the plugs contacts, and so far has worked very positively.

The tiny, but loud, piezo siren weighs next to nothing and slipping it behind a secured wire bundle right next to the connection point is holding it tightly into position.

I had bought the contacts and was going to solder them on, and I had some double sided tape handy but this method seemed to be so much simpler. Seriously simple!!

Old 05-10-2015, 06:51 PM
2014streetglide
Road Captain

I think I'm going to try your method and see how it goes.

Old 05-10-2015, 06:53 PM
2014streetglide
Road Captain

I don't know if I over looked it or what but I can't seem to find which wire goes where on the 2014's. Can someone lend me a hand?

Old 05-10-2015, 09:30 PM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2014streetglide
I don't know if I over looked it or what but I can't seem to find which wire goes where on the 2014's. Can someone lend me a hand?
Under the left sidecover, in the top right corner is a 3 wire plug slipped into a "holder" fitting that's part of the back plate. When you slip it out you can see it doesn't connect to anything ... there's no contact terminals inside the "holder". It's probably placed there to keep it out of the way during assembly.

Red Siren wire goes to the contact with the red wire in plug, black wire goes to the center contact of the plug.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:27 PM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

Got the last one in the bin, in one of the last RSs left in AZ. Easy install, just strip and push wires in. Alarm wouldn't chirp face down, slid it into the square hole output up, works great...

Old 03-02-2016, 09:16 AM
BigMike
Club Member
Received 1,579 Likes on 680 Posts

I installed the Radio Shack siren yesterday. Stopped by RS and bought 2 of the sirens and a plug with male connectors. Crimped the male plugs on and put shrink wrap over each wire making sure it went up far enough on each wire so the plugs could not make contact with each other.

Next I used shrink wrap to contain both wires together and left about 1/4" at the end for the male plugs.

There are two 5/16" bolts hold the fuse panel to the bike, remove them.

I installed 3M red double sided auto tape on the back of the alarm. The slot where the factory siren goes has a hole on the bottom and the back is open. I slid the RS siren in there with the siren output hole facing down and ran the wires out of the back.

I removed the factory harness siren plug from the dummy holder and carefully drilled a 1/4" hole in the center.

The RS siren wires are already behind the fuse panel and I threaded them from the back through the hold I drilled in the dummy holder. I plugged Red wire to the Red wire and the Black wire to the White/Green wire. Pushed the factory harness plug back in the dummy holder. I dabbed some black silicone around the wires on the back. Reinstall fuse panel.

You can't even tell I added the siren. Works great a LOUD.

Radio Shack Siren on 2014 FLHTK-rs_siren.jpg

Last edited by BigMike; 03-02-2016 at 12:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Radio Shack Siren on 2014 FLHTK