Sponsored by:

Usb phone issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 01:14 AM
chinesepizzaman
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Usb phone issue

Recently I noticed that when I play my music via my phone through Bluetooth. I am getting more than music. The audio portion from videos that I have saved on my phone are coming through and game sounds from other apps that I have on my phone are playing as well. Has this happen to anyone else? I am at a loss of trying to figure this mess out! I have asked my local dealership 7 times for a infotainment boot camp and get response from any of the 5 dealerships in my area. Every time i go in they know less than me! VERY FRUSTRAED! ANY FIND OF HELP IS WELCOMED!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Old 05-25-2014, 05:38 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

What is the model of your cell phone?

Old 05-25-2014, 05:47 AM
01XLH
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would offer that the phone simply has numerous files saved on it, music, audio tracks (that are part of videos) and the phone/infotainment system dont' know the difference, so they get played.
I have a file folder on my phone full of various mp3 audio files I edited as ringtones, notifications and alarms and they came booming through when I 1st got the bike.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:16 AM
mwegryn
Road Warrior

Anything that would play through your phone's speak will come across via bluetooth. The cheap and easy solution is to get a flash drive and then just copy and paste an iTunes playlist (or other audio files if you don't use iTunes) to the drive. Plug it in and don't even worry about using your phone. This is what I do and I have 1,000+ songs on shuffle to keep me entertained for quite a while. Just a thought...

Old 05-25-2014, 04:08 PM
GoGetter5832
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine always works best when it's plugged in via usb. The volume is always louder/clearer and for some reason all my play lists show up. When I listen via bluetooth my playlists don't show up for some reason.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:28 PM
Goldcon
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's a I phone maybe try closing down all your apps but the music you want and maybe it won't bleed thru if they are not running? I'm not a computer guy but how can they come thru if they are off and closed down?

Old 05-26-2014, 02:45 PM
jphillips63
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not same issue but I have an issue as well I plug my droid razr maxx HD into my USB and I wanna play pandora and it wants to play ring tones and videos sounds from my cell phone. How do I get the phone to read my pandora app via USB.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:26 PM
01XLH
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jphillips63
Not same issue but I have an issue as well I plug my droid razr maxx HD into my USB and I wanna play pandora and it wants to play ring tones and videos sounds from my cell phone. How do I get the phone to read my pandora app via USB.
I'm taking a guess here (I don't use the internet music apps).
I suspect Pandora doesn't actually store the music files on your phone, just goes out and gets it from the internet.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:27 PM
01XLH
Road Captain

Originally Posted by GoGetter5832
Mine always works best when it's plugged in via usb. The volume is always louder/clearer and for some reason all my play lists show up. When I listen via bluetooth my playlists don't show up for some reason.
There's no way for Bluetooth to get the playlist and to put it on your phone.

Last edited by 01XLH; 05-26-2014 at 05:30 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:29 PM
01XLH
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mwegryn
Anything that would play through your phone's speak will come across via bluetooth. The cheap and easy solution is to get a flash drive and then just copy and paste an iTunes playlist (or other audio files if you don't use iTunes) to the drive. Plug it in and don't even worry about using your phone. This is what I do and I have 1,000+ songs on shuffle to keep me entertained for quite a while. Just a thought...
+1
I bought a couple of 16 gb USB drives and put the tunes on them.
Heck, I have more flash drives for the bike, then my PC's!
2 for music, 1 for S/W updates and two for GPS stuff.

Ride Safe,

Quick Reply: Usb phone issue