Sponsored by:

Zumo Added with Aux Input to Boom Box 6.5

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 08:57 PM
AndyNFW
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Zumo Added with Aux Input to Boom Box 6.5

I took the plunge and had my local dealer add my Zumo to the 6.5. I even sent them the links to one of the articles from this forum giving them the details of what others have done and to be aware of. Specifically the post of hojones.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...-on-6-5-a.html
with special reference to posts #1, #46 and #48.

I got my bike back this morning and I am sure somethings are not correct and hence would like input as to whether I am wrong and that's the way it is, or they did something wrong.
1. Volume from GPS prompts (set in both places on the Zumo 550 at Max) needs to be cranked up on the 6.5 such that if I switch to the 6.5 radio it blows my head off.
2. The icon on the 6.5 when the Zumo input is selected is a blank orange screen with a delta shaped icon.
3. Zumo Nav prompts can only be heard when Zumo is selected. i.e. do not interrupt AM/FM radio for example.
4. Zumo is Under the "Media" selection from the Home page. If my iPhone is plugged in then there are two selections under "Media". This one seems logical.

Any suggestions?

Old 05-23-2014, 07:26 AM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyNFW
I took the plunge and had my local dealer add my Zumo to the 6.5. I even sent them the links to one of the articles from this forum giving them the details of what others have done and to be aware of. Specifically the post of hojones.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...-on-6-5-a.html
with special reference to posts #1, #46 and #48.

I got my bike back this morning and I am sure somethings are not correct and hence would like input as to whether I am wrong and that's the way it is, or they did something wrong.
1. Volume from GPS prompts (set in both places on the Zumo 550 at Max) needs to be cranked up on the 6.5 such that if I switch to the 6.5 radio it blows my head off.
2. The icon on the 6.5 when the Zumo input is selected is a blank orange screen with a delta shaped icon.
3. Zumo Nav prompts can only be heard when Zumo is selected. i.e. do not interrupt AM/FM radio for example.
4. Zumo is Under the "Media" selection from the Home page. If my iPhone is plugged in then there are two selections under "Media". This one seems logical.

Any suggestions?
1. I would check the Molex connector on top of radio to be sure all 3 pins are fully inserted and in the correct pin holes. I recorded mine on paper just to be sure. My Garmin has plenty of volume. The radio is a little louder so you will have to live with that.

2. My screen is dark grey with the same icon. You need to change background color.

3. Absolutely normal. Works the same way the 2006-2013 works. Music is on SD card. CB, intercom, nav, Bluetooth will interrupt your Garmin.

4. Normal

Old 05-23-2014, 06:07 PM
AndyNFW
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the prompt response, as always.