Road Warrior
Received 151 Likes on 131 Posts

Sounds like the fix/procedure ^^^^^^^^^^

Old 05-24-2014, 08:30 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by DBLXX
How will a flash that adds fader functions solve a tinny sound? Don't flash. You'll regret it.
If I knew I wouldn't be asking this issue.I have read all threads on the Rushmore section some guys seem to have luck with the flash and some don't.I'm not looking for fader function as it works and I have the Ultra. You obviously think there's only flashes for FLHX and nothing for the Limited and Ultra.When you have some knowledgeable info post it.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:07 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

2014 Radio FLASH/The Real "Skinny"

The new Harley Infotainment radio on the 2014 Ultra & Ultra Limited, come from Harley with the front & rear speaker outputs active with front/rear fader control active ,,,,,,

The new Harley Infotainment radio on the 2014 StreetGlide, (either version) comes from Harley with ONLY the front speaker outputs active, and NO front/rear fader control ,,,,,,

If you add the Harley BOOM speakers and amplifier to either system, along with the dealer computer FLASH for the same, the REAR speaker outputs from the radio are deactivated, and the Harley BOOM amplifier itself becomes the front/rear fading component of the system, directed by the radio for front/rear fader controls ,,,,,

IN ADDITION, the DSP inside the Harley radio is altered, supposedly for better sound, when in fact, major portions of the low frequency bass response are removed, along with increases in the midrange and upper frequencies ,,,,,,

This DSP alteration does NOT improve the sound of the audio system at all ,, in fact just the opposite takes place with this special Harley radio digital flash ,,,,,,

For J&Ms new Daytona Blue 2014 StreetGlide we added J&Ms new 5X7" rear saddlebag lid speakers, http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....ID=HSDR-5X7-14 and the 500w ROKKER XTP amplifier http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....MP-500HC14-SGP ,,,,,,,

THEN we took the bike down to the Harley dealer and had the Harley computer FLASH performed JUST to activate the rear speaker outputs (no amp) ,,,, this particular flash from Harley retains the original superior sound and bass response from the radio, but activates the handlebar controls for front/rear fader ,,,,, system performance is now fantastic ,,,,

For J&Ms new Vivid Black 2014 Ultra Ltd, we added J&Ms 500w ROKKER XTP amplifier for the ultra ,,,,,,, see http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....MP-500HC14-ULP ,,,,

Last edited by JMJOHN; 05-25-2014 at 12:09 AM. Reason: bad links
Old 05-25-2014, 09:13 AM
mikeman54
Supporter

Originally Posted by JMJOHN
2014 Radio FLASH/The Real "Skinny"

The new Harley Infotainment radio on the 2014 Ultra & Ultra Limited, come from Harley with the front & rear speaker outputs active with front/rear fader control active ,,,,,,

The new Harley Infotainment radio on the 2014 StreetGlide, (either version) comes from Harley with ONLY the front speaker outputs active, and NO front/rear fader control ,,,,,,

If you add the Harley BOOM speakers and amplifier to either system, along with the dealer computer FLASH for the same, the REAR speaker outputs from the radio are deactivated, and the Harley BOOM amplifier itself becomes the front/rear fading component of the system, directed by the radio for front/rear fader controls ,,,,,

IN ADDITION, the DSP inside the Harley radio is altered, supposedly for better sound, when in fact, major portions of the low frequency bass response are removed, along with increases in the midrange and upper frequencies ,,,,,,

This DSP alteration does NOT improve the sound of the audio system at all ,, in fact just the opposite takes place with this special Harley radio digital flash ,,,,,,

For J&Ms new Daytona Blue 2014 StreetGlide we added J&Ms new 5X7" rear saddlebag lid speakers, http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....ID=HSDR-5X7-14 and the 500w ROKKER XTP amplifier http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....MP-500HC14-SGP ,,,,,,,

THEN we took the bike down to the Harley dealer and had the Harley computer FLASH performed JUST to activate the rear speaker outputs (no amp) ,,,, this particular flash from Harley retains the original superior sound and bass response from the radio, but activates the handlebar controls for front/rear fader ,,,,, system performance is now fantastic ,,,,

For J&Ms new Vivid Black 2014 Ultra Ltd, we added J&Ms 500w ROKKER XTP amplifier for the ultra ,,,,,,, see http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail....MP-500HC14-ULP ,,,,
John,adding a after market amp and speakers seems to have the opposite effect on my system.Seems like the mids and bass have dissappeared? I've checked everything over and all connections and wiring are correct.Gains have proper setting,so what am I missing?Will get the answer Tuesday when bike goes in for tank exchange,if in fact the flash doesn't help out with the old and in with the new.Whatever it may be.Thanks

Old 05-25-2014, 10:01 AM
xhere
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Truth be told....for me anyway..... After installing the fangs the air is so much more cleaner at speed I wished I wouldn't have installed amp and done flash to disable DSP. Now looking back I would have just installed speakers, keep DSP as bass low to mid volume was better and be done.

JMO

Greg

Old 05-25-2014, 07:47 PM
mikeman54
Supporter

Originally Posted by xhere
Truth be told....for me anyway..... After installing the fangs the air is so much more cleaner at speed I wished I wouldn't have installed amp and done flash to disable DSP. Now looking back I would have just installed speakers, keep DSP as bass low to mid volume was better and be done.

JMO

Greg
Thats kinda what I'm thinking,amp and speakers not what I anticipated.I installed amps and speakers in numerous bikes and always had decent results,but not with the 14.Thinking about taking the amp out and going back to square one.

Old 05-25-2014, 07:54 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 331 Likes on 251 Posts

Well this is not where this thread was supposed to go, I was asking if anyone had any Diagnostic Codes, but it seems this took a whole different direction..
As I knew some would chime in to sell something.
Regardless, for those who claim no improvement with an AMP and quality speakers. Something is not set-up right.. I know my system rocks compared to stock, I get nothing but Compliments on the sound system.

Old 05-26-2014, 12:12 PM
mikeman54
Supporter

Originally Posted by GlidingJoe
Well this is not where this thread was supposed to go, I was asking if anyone had any Diagnostic Codes, but it seems this took a whole different direction..
As I knew some would chime in to sell something.
Regardless, for those who claim no improvement with an AMP and quality speakers. Something is not set-up right.. I know my system rocks compared to stock, I get nothing but Compliments on the sound system.
Sorry your right got off topic,I did post that I checked and my bike shows no codes.As you also stated something is wrong on my end and I'll figure it out and have the tunes I anticipated,Mike