2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why I will likely never buy parts from Harley...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 09:10 PM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

My bikes are garaged in an air condition room . and I keep them for a while 7& 6 yrs for the last 2 bikes. Had some kurayakyn parts on the road glide never again. They don't look bad for about 2 yrs then they seem to go down hill .The 08 crossbones had nothing but HD add ons and still looked brand new ,Kurayakyn makes some great looking stuff but just don't seem to hold up in Florida.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:30 AM
JC0311
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for, kury has some ok parts but they look cheap, now that's just my opinion. You got to pay to play.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:22 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by JC0311
I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for, kury has some ok parts but they look cheap, now that's just my opinion. You got to pay to play.
It's not really about money, it's about getting all the parts at the same time without having to figure out what is missing. Nothing like ordering the mount kit and the pegs and when you go to install them you don't have any bolts.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:38 AM
DBLXX
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is the funny part.....Kury and Harley accessories are made from the same manufacturer in China. LOL

Same stuff.....

Same as oil. You think Mobil has an oil manufacturing facility somewhere next to Valvoline? That's a big negative.

It's more like....OK Jenny....do I put Mobil or Valvoline stickers on the next run of oil.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:41 AM
DBLXX
Road Master
Old 05-15-2014, 09:24 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by PRrdglide
My bikes are garaged in an air condition room . and I keep them for a while 7& 6 yrs for the last 2 bikes. Had some kurayakyn parts on the road glide never again. They don't look bad for about 2 yrs then they seem to go down hill .The 08 crossbones had nothing but HD add ons and still looked brand new ,Kurayakyn makes some great looking stuff but just don't seem to hold up in Florida.
My brother has a 2006 Dyna and it's literally been in a garage since he bought it but the wheels are rusting. Guess they were made in China.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:41 AM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by DBLXX
Here is the funny part.....Kury and Harley accessories are made from the same manufacturer in China. LOL

Same stuff.....

Same as oil. You think Mobil has an oil manufacturing facility somewhere next to Valvoline? That's a big negative.

It's more like....OK Jenny....do I put Mobil or Valvoline stickers on the next run of oil.
So...............you have proof of this? There is a huge difference in quality. Is there a source for this "fact" that you posted?

HD parts are more money but always worth it. Their quality is second to none. Yes its annoying that they leave out bolts. But not so bad for me as I have a shop and it has a stock of stainless and chrome bolts

Old 05-15-2014, 11:07 AM
DBLXX
Road Master

Originally Posted by jcapps
So...............you have proof of this? There is a huge difference in quality. Is there a source for this "fact" that you posted?

HD parts are more money but always worth it. Their quality is second to none. Yes its annoying that they leave out bolts. But not so bad for me as I have a shop and it has a stock of stainless and chrome bolts

Take a look at the long & short arm highway pegs mounts....IDENTICAL product and IDENTICAL manufacturer.

All HD P&A come from China.

Continue to be fooled if you think differently. We all have opinions....as we all have a$$holes.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:19 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by DBLXX
Take a look at the long & short arm highway pegs mounts....IDENTICAL product and IDENTICAL manufacturer.

All HD P&A come from China.

Continue to be fooled if you think differently. We all have opinions....as we all have a$$holes.
Negative sir,some parts are made in China,some in Korea,some here in the US and some in Japan,some in Italy etc.etc.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:22 AM
"HI"
Road Master
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
I have 16 printers, just buy a new one every time the ink runs out.

LoL, I was referring to now a days when you buy a local printer for say your home, you have to purchase the printer cable separately.

Quick Reply: This is why I will likely never buy parts from Harley...