Sponsored by:

added lower speakers and grills AC insert

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 09:35 AM
hanny
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default added lower speakers and grills AC insert

I decided to get the painted lowers and drop in a set of lower speakers and grills and also got the upper grills and threw away those meshy cheap *** speaker screens. The painted lowers are pricey and to do the job they want you to buy the speakers and pockets piece, however,,,,,.

I made mine work perfect with the old pocket piece and some sound foam to form a box. Sound is good and the old lowers are cool but since they didn't lock they were mostly useless for storage,,,,, I did keep my iphone in there until I got the upper 3 pocket bags.
I have an alpine 2 channel 300watt amp to run all four speakers (top are polk 6.5's and lowers are 6.5 alpines) and they sound really good.

I also got the Air cleaner insert which looks pretty tight to. ride safe, paul

Old 05-14-2014, 12:26 PM
mjohnson68
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you just bought the painted lowers right? I am looking at this on my bike as well but wasn't sure about the speaker kit... I know it has a box and wiring included for plug & play but wasn't interested in the speakers... And speaking to my dealer he said they don't show all of the parts broken apart yet in the system to just buy what I want...

Any pictures of the install? Like how you made your own box? How about wiring?

Thanks!

Mike.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:33 PM
bufalo
Cruiser

Looking good! I am on the fence right now as to whether to go with the fairing lowers and speaker pods or scrap that idea and get saddlebag lids...

I had an Ultra before and *HATED* the lowers - i felt claustrophobic the entire time, and that's something I have no issue with anywhere else. I'm trying to figure out if the sound is better coming at you from the lowers or pointed at you from the lid speakers...

BTW - the breather looks awesome!

Old 05-14-2014, 07:38 PM
rcharles
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got the lids with speakers installed today along with the upgraded fairing speakers and 300 watt amp. Haven't had a chance to try it on the highway yet but sitting still, it sounds great.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:09 PM
hanny
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mjohnson68
And speaking to my dealer he said they don't show all of the parts broken apart yet in the system to just buy what I want...

Any pictures of the install? Like how you made your own box? How about wiring?

Thanks!

Mike.
they don't break down the lower kit "without" the cheap *** tiny magnet speakers yet. Its pretty much a joke really, the stock lower pocket pieces can be used if you trim them up a little and then theres a gap that can be filled with foam packing or something. my guess is the stock so called "box" part of the lower kit has a tone of air leaks and gaps so I doubt mine is worse probably sounds better really with hi dollar speakers. paul