Sponsored by:

Installed a Hawg Wired system in my SGS

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Smiff
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed a Hawg Wired system in my SGS

I bought a complete Hawg wired system from V Twin Audio. It was complete with a wiring harness and brackets and crossovers. I had the Boom audio upgraded speakers (which are now for sale). I can't believe how loud and more importantly, how clear it is.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Sportybuild
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Smiff
I bought a complete Hawg wired system from V Twin Audio. It was complete with a wiring harness and brackets and crossovers. I had the Boom audio upgraded speakers (which are now for sale). I can't believe how loud and more importantly, how clear it is.
I was wondering if you had pics of your install, or any further details. I had a hawg wired system in my 08 ultra. It was great. When I talked with them they didn't have anything spisific for the 14s. ie plug n play harness or amp for four speakers, fron and rear.

Old 05-10-2014, 05:38 PM
Smiff
Novice

Originally Posted by Sportybuild
I was wondering if you had pics of your install, or any further details. I had a hawg wired system in my 08 ultra. It was great. When I talked with them they didn't have anything spisific for the 14s. ie plug n play harness or amp for four speakers, fron and rear.
Hawg wired referred me to V twin Audio. They said that VTA put the kit together. I only changed the front speakers and installed the amp, but theres room for another amp and I will add the lids in the rear. I will post pictures when I figure out how to.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:18 AM
mjohnson68
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have been speaking with Hawg Wired about this for a while now and they told me the same thing... They are currently working on a setup for the 14's but have nothing right now... They also referred me to VTA but the only place I see them listed is in Canada? Is that the place? What did shipping cost to get it to you? What speakers did you install? What amp? Any wiring harnesses?

I am wanting to do some major upgrades to audio but have been holding out for Hawg Wired to get something together...

And of course unless you want to just do Boom the ONLY option I have seen out there is J&M and I am not a fan...

Also what kind of comparison between the Boom speakers you had and the Hawg Wired stuff now?

Old 05-11-2014, 05:40 PM
bigh8840
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

interested in this as well for sure

Old 05-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Smiff
Novice

Originally Posted by mjohnson68
I have been speaking with Hawg Wired about this for a while now and they told me the same thing... They are currently working on a setup for the 14's but have nothing right now... They also referred me to VTA but the only place I see them listed is in Canada? Is that the place? What did shipping cost to get it to you? What speakers did you install? What amp? Any wiring harnesses?

I am wanting to do some major upgrades to audio but have been holding out for Hawg Wired to get something together...

And of course unless you want to just do Boom the ONLY option I have seen out there is J&M and I am not a fan...

Also what kind of comparison between the Boom speakers you had and the Hawg Wired stuff now?
Yes they are in Canada. They are close to the USA line so they to it into the USA and shipped it from there. Shipping cost $30
I got the Hawg Wired 6.5" speaker and the Hawg-Wired 2x200watt amplifier.

I did not notice a very big difference when I installed the boom speakers though I did not have an amp.

It is as loud as I can handle it at 50% and it totally clear. The directions were good it took a buddy and I about 3 hrs to install. Total cost just under $800

Old 05-12-2014, 08:19 AM
mjohnson68
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you need to buy the speaker grills or the mounting bracket?

Also did you buy any of the wiring harnesses?

Which Hawg Wired speakers? ZX or DX? I know the magnets are a little large on them and have heard on here before that the mounting depth won't work without some adapters or different grills to fit correctly.

I see they have a bunch of different things listed on their website.

Thanks for your info here!

Originally Posted by Smiff
Yes they are in Canada. They are close to the USA line so they to it into the USA and shipped it from there. Shipping cost $30
I got the Hawg Wired 6.5" speaker and the Hawg-Wired 2x200watt amplifier.

I did not notice a very big difference when I installed the boom speakers though I did not have an amp.

It is as loud as I can handle it at 50% and it totally clear. The directions were good it took a buddy and I about 3 hrs to install. Total cost just under $800

Old 05-13-2014, 12:31 AM
wuboof8
Stage II

Did you sell Boom stuff yet? If not, do you have amp and speakers?