Sponsored by:

Headsets for SGS

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Erock1800
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headsets for SGS

I own a 2014 SGS with the upgraded boom audio (4 speakers and amp). My wife loves riding with me. She has a 3 quarter helmet, I have a lid. I did order a half helmet DOT approved waiting on it to be completed (custom paint job).

We want to be able to talk to each other while we ride. What is the best headsets to get that will fit both helmets? Also, so I really don't know much about them, do I need a hard wired system or can I use a Bluetooth headset?

I also want to be able to take calls. I can see someone is calling me but when I answer the call they can't hear me but I can hear them.

Any help would be appreciated.

E

Old 05-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

You will need to install the 7 pin connector to take/make calls. Currently MoCo and most dealers claim that they cannot add the intercom to the street glide although it is possible. The simple route is to get a pair of bluetooth Sena headsets.

There is write up in the audio section by a guy that added a CB to a SG. Would be the same process for the intercom.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:51 PM
Erock1800
Tourer

Originally Posted by Rustrtal
You will need to install the 7 pin connector to take/make calls. Currently MoCo and most dealers claim that they cannot add the intercom to the street glide although it is possible. The simple route is to get a pair of bluetooth Sena headsets.

There is write up in the audio section by a guy that added a CB to a SG. Would be the same process for the intercom.
Thank you.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:00 PM
NCBondsman
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As mentioned, the Sena bluetooth headsets are the cheapest way to go. Just pair your phone to your headset. You won't be able to see who is calling on your screen though.

As of right now, MoCo has limited the updates for the SG by not activating the rear headset speakers. I installed both rider and passenger wired connections just like an ultra on my sgs. Intercom works passenger to rider, but the passenger cannot hear anything. Had it flashed a couple of different times and each time the same result. After testing at the radio, there is no sound (vAC) coming from the rear headset speaker wires which leads me to believe that it is a software issue.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:13 PM
2NAHNTR
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Erock1800
I also want to be able to take calls. I can see someone is calling me but when I answer the call they can't hear me but I can hear them.

E
I'm curious where you thought the microphone was to answer the calls? I can just picture you at the light screaming into the air. "Hello!!!??"

I'm just kidding. I had the same question about the headset so I'd like to know what the answer was also.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:13 AM
nuages
Cruiser

My UK Street Glide goes back into the dealership at the end of this month to have one final wiring harness fitted................the CB radio and passenger/rider Intercom should all be working by then.
I will report back after that, though I believe that NC Bondsman's work around is being used: that the passenger and rider headset speakers are wired together.

This means that the passenger will hear all that the rider says and that when the passenger speaks on the CB the rider will have to press the PTT. I am using a 2013 Tour Pak with rear speakers.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:19 PM
Matthew Alexander
3rd Gear

I have the sena Bluetooth and sm10r to hardwire to my 2014 sgs. I hear the radio and hear phone calls, but they cannot hear me. One dealership said I needed to have my bike flashed, but the other dealership says no. Has anyone been able to use a non-Harley headset and make phone calls with the phone being paired to the bile?

Old 05-10-2014, 09:46 PM
pswomack
Road Master
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

As of right now neither the 4.3 or 6.5 radios will pair with a bluetooth headset for taking/making phone calls, you will need the following: Boom! Audio Music and Communications Kit-69200865 and Boom! Audio Premium Half Helmet Music and Communications Headset-76000145, these are hard wired only. I'm using them on my '14 SG and they work perfect! Only thing is you have to unplug the headset when getting off the bike, a minor inconvenience.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:44 AM
Matthew Alexander
3rd Gear

the smr10 is hardwired to the bike and the headset is Bluetooth to that

Old 05-11-2014, 08:17 AM
russ33541
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 205 Likes on 203 Posts

I had the same thing done on my "14" SGS as pswomack and it works perfectly. All calls, radio and GPS comes thru the head set. I can make and take phone calls all day.

Quick Reply: Headsets for SGS