Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foregiveness or Permission

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 02:07 PM
spr0k3t
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Firm believer in happy wife happy life. Build all of your arguments and then think of issues she may not be happy with and find answers for those. Also ask her what she is afraid of, put the outcome in her court so you can ease those fears. Live life young and carpe cervisi.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:29 PM
TenMidgets
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Everyone's situation is different. I am 59 and retired. I lived my life backwards....driving and riding crap while saving for better cars and bikes then paying cash. Your perspective changes when you are paying a pile of scrimp and saved cash for something over a $300 "payment for seven years. We are not wealthy by any stretch just out of debt. Every payment not made is INCOME. The best raisa people get is when they pay off a big ticket item . unfortunately they become "used to the payments" and buy new again and are perpetual payment buyers. Instead of keeping the item and using the raise as savings going forward. Just think of the "tax free raise" one gets paying off a home!! An Extra $800 or $1500 or more a month income to save is nothing to sneeze at

I bought my first BRAND NEW Harley a week ago. I rode metrics for years and enjoyed them plowing money away for my "dream bike " someday which changed over the years and months. I don't think i could have stopped working if I purchased toys and vehicles with debt. I paid our house off in 15 years and kept making the payments for another 15 to my bank and investing the rest. The last 7 years have been very good for those monthly payment investments. I quit work last Summer.

My wife does not care what I buy as long as I buy what I want the first time. i tend to cheap out to save a buck. Old habits die hard. We pay cash for our cars because we didn't buy expensive luxury cars we could afford the payment on at the time. She onthe othr hand washes and reuses baggies and cuts paper towels in half.

Yes we "only live once" and "we may die tomorrow". but chances are we won't die for a very long time and debt lasts a very long time and becomes your Master.

I would begin making payments as if you bought the bike ride something cheaper and wait for your business to step up. You may end up with a 2015 and a hefty down payment at the least!!!

Last edited by TenMidgets; 04-30-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:47 PM
mikeman54
Supporter
Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Your in a tough situation,I respect my wife but she understands my passion for riding so tolerates the new bikes,as she enjoys the life style also.If you can get mama on the same page you'll become a better person for gaining her approval.Good Luck man hope it works out for you.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:29 PM
14Glide
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Let's see, wife or motorcycle?? No brainer, get the Ultra and tell her you did it for her. If that don't fly then beg for forgiveness.

Old 04-30-2014, 11:52 PM
jagext
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's just say the conversation didn't go so well. Had to put my foot down a little. I worked over 2200 hrs last year in ten months at my job plus all my winter business hours and extra income.

Just don't understand how we can pay 3 grand for a washer and dryer when the olds ones worked and i just said whatever you want honey as i'm finishing our basement.

I don't want to be a "richard" but getting aggrivated.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Helrazor
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default if other things are paid off and you are getting a good rate

go for it.

Old 05-01-2014, 01:27 AM
Crex39
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

No offense to the Rushmore fans, but a compromise might be getting a used Heritage Softail or something along that line. You may be able to find one in decent shape, or even an older Touring Bike for the money you would put into a down payment.

Old 05-01-2014, 07:11 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by jagext
Let's just say the conversation didn't go so well. Had to put my foot down a little. I worked over 2200 hrs last year in ten months at my job plus all my winter business hours and extra income.

Just don't understand how we can pay 3 grand for a washer and dryer when the olds ones worked and i just said whatever you want honey as i'm finishing our basement.

I don't want to be a "richard" but getting aggrivated.
I had mine delivered a week ago this Friday and am still getting the cold shoulder but the ice is thinning.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:06 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 446 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
I had mine delivered a week ago this Friday and am still getting the cold shoulder but the ice is thinning.

I got a Harley keychain for my birthday so I guess I am good.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:29 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would work hard to "compromise". If the budget is tight. Do you really have to go brand new?

Try making a deal on an older bike with a much lessor payment. You will soon find out if it's the money or maybe she just doesn't want you to ride at all.

I understand the emotions involving your sister. To set her ashes free should have no bearing on weather you bike is new or used. It's about the ride you took her on to set her free.

I hope you find a way. There are deeper issues here than a new ride.

Quick Reply: Foregiveness or Permission