Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is the fastest way to switch from speakers to headset and back again

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014 | 09:47 PM
easy-wyatt
|
Intermediate
Default what is the fastest way to switch from speakers to headset and back again

is there a faster way than going to setup and selecting headphones ???and I know 2 days aint enough time to learn any operations ...but hey that's what you guys are for...thanks

Old 04-22-2014 | 12:40 AM
FLYER
Road Master

I think you got it.

Old 04-22-2014 | 04:26 AM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior

It would be nice if you could set to headset (for say prompts) and then if it is not connected the radio would default back to speakers.

Old 04-22-2014 | 06:48 AM
mjohnson68
Cruiser

I haven't started playing with headsets yet... So from what you guys are saying if I just plug in the headset I still have to switch sources to get voice thru the headset? Is there not a way to listen to music thru my speakers and use the headset for voice? I am upgrading all the speakers and adding amps and really don't want to miss out on them... But at the same time I do like some of the new features for voice stuff... What to do!!!

Old 04-22-2014 | 07:15 AM
Jhugues
Intermediate

Good question from the OP. I wish there was a better way than the conf menu to switch back and forth. I usually change to headset when entering inhabitted area and it is also when you need both hand on the handlebar! A multipurpose programmable switch (icon) would do it. (And would likely save more crashes than the @&%# warning screen on startup)

Old 04-22-2014 | 07:29 AM
Marty31
Tourer

Both hands on the handlebars for all inputs to the system through the hand controls.

Old 04-22-2014 | 07:37 PM
TheLazyC
Cruiser

It sure would be nice if it detected headsets to switch to them automatically, but the only way I see to do it is thru the menus.

Old 04-23-2014 | 08:33 AM
jkane13
Tourer

My 2000 Ultra had a rocker switch. Bring that back! I used it all the time. I hate the menu system on the infotainment system. Not just for this. It is too deep, too many layers, and complicated. Too many options. They need to be sorted so the most common, like changing the headset to speakers, are one click away.

Pressing home, moving the curser joystick 2-3 times, pressing select, move joystick 2 more times, press select, move the joystick down 1-3 times, move the joystick to the right, and then select, followed by all the steps to get out of that menu item is WAY TOO MANY! Yes, home will take you back to them main menu, but that is very unlikely where I want to be. Yes, pressing the left joystick will swap menu with raido, but I would like it to cycle through what is on, not just those 2. I want to get to GPS and Radio and back faster. Those 2 are the most common swithc items.

Settings should be it's own button, or maybe one of the "cycle through" choices for the left select button.

I wish HD would have a place where we can make suggestions to improve the Rushmore bikes instead of assuming they got it perfect on the first try!

To the question about headset and microphone, the microphone is only on the headset, so there is no option to select another microphone source. It is only the output of sound where you select headset or speakers. There are 3 sources. I do not recall what each is off hand. Music is one, command prompts is another, and I think navigation may be the 3rd one.

Old 04-23-2014 | 10:29 AM
gahendo
Intermediate

quik question on these headsets. Can I keep the music going through the stock speakers and only use the headsets for bike to passenger talking?

Old 04-23-2014 | 12:54 PM
WaucondaRider
Tourer

Yes, you can control the output of each audio source separately.

Quick Reply: what is the fastest way to switch from speakers to headset and back again