Sponsored by:

Added a CB to my 14 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 10:37 PM
Global Cooling
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Added a CB to my 14 Ultra

I wanted the CB option when I purchased the classic ultra. I just brought it home last week and just now got to ride it. I noticed there is no squelch switch like on the limited. So I am wondering if I have to get a new switch also like I had to get an antenna.
I'm just wondering if anyone else has added the cb to the Ultra Classic and what has been your experience?

Old 04-19-2014, 11:02 PM
harleyjth
Tourer

Yes. You need to purchase the CB module, an antenna, a stud for mounting the antenna (iirc), and the right side switch module. You replace the entire unit. It just plugs in now. Seems to me it was about $120.
jt

Last edited by harleyjth; 04-19-2014 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:06 PM
Dave Thorpe
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you guys use it for communicating with other motorcyclists or to talk to truckers?

Old 04-19-2014, 11:37 PM
harleyjth
Tourer

Use it to talk to others in the group while riding. I don't think I've ever talked to a trucker.
jt

Last edited by harleyjth; 04-19-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:26 AM
rs12474
1st Gear
Default Wind Noise

I get an incredible amount of wind noise when using my intercom or CB. I have the headset with the boom mic. I also use a half helmet. anyone else have this issue and how can I fix it without going to t fullface style helmet?
Thanks.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:45 AM
Dave Thorpe
Road Captain

Originally Posted by rs12474
I get an incredible amount of wind noise when using my intercom or CB. I have the headset with the boom mic. I also use a half helmet. anyone else have this issue and how can I fix it without going to t fullface style helmet?
Thanks.
I use the Sena smh10 with a 3/4 helmet and face shield. There is so much wind noise it is completely unusable over 60mph

Old 04-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Yukon42
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by rs12474
Thanks.
Adjust the sensitivity of the VOX and adjust the position of the microphone.

Old 04-20-2014, 03:55 PM
Dave Thorpe
Road Captain

The Vox on an SMH10 is best not used at all, it is best to tap the jog dial to initiate conversation. Furthermore, the VOX is not adjustable on the Sena SMH10. I have just installed the front microphone wind cap on the boom mic. We'll see how that works next time out.

Old 04-21-2014, 09:59 AM
Global Cooling
Intermediate

Thanks for the reply. I ordered my new controls. Upgraded to the lighted control! I know this is new this year but kind of miffed at my dealer for not knowing this when I ordered my bike and added the CB. They had forgotten the antenna also and the $2 stud! I ordered these online and plan on putting them in myself.

Old 04-22-2014, 04:57 PM
RicXX
Intermediate

I added it to my Ultra, and it was not a good experience at all, but the dealership is doing right by it... Thank you Freedom HD in Ottawa... The CB module up here in Canada does not come with the activation switch for the right bar, I was informed that it was going to cost another $365 for the switch pack plus the book says 3 hours labour... This is on top of the cost of the CB and antenna and labour to install them....... So put the cost of the CB at well over $1000 CDN... not on my watch... I told them to rip the whole thing out......

After some deliberation, Freedom insisted on eating the cost of the switch pac and all associated costs as the parts guide did not say it needed it, and if they had told me this at the time of ordering I would have canceled my entire bike order... Another big reason for anyone deciding between Ultra and Limited, if I was to do it over I would just go with the Limited...

Thank you again to Freedom HD for making things right...

Quick Reply: Added a CB to my 14 Ultra