Sponsored by:

Missing the waypoint

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 06:59 PM
Roadsmoker
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Missing the waypoint

When a route is started and a waypoint is missed along that route, the GPS will continue to try and route you back to that waypoint no matter how far you travel. Does anyone know if the missed waypoint can be canceled some way so you can continue on the planned route? thanks.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:12 PM
kc hog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not had that happened. If its like the Zumo once you hit the next wave point it will continue with the route.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:20 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain

I ran into this problem today for the first time. I couldn't cancel or add waypoints in the GPS. I ended up cancelling the route and just made sure I didn't get lost.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:30 PM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I choose the next waypoint in the route and go to it and it will continue from there.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:32 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hojones
I choose the next waypoint in the route and go to it and it will continue from there.
How did you do this? I couldn't click on the waypoint on the map to select it. Is it in the "Destinations" button on the current route?

Old 04-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Roadsmoker
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This system is not near as user friendly as the Zumo that I had on my 08 Ultra.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:07 AM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by T_Dogg80
How did you do this? I couldn't click on the waypoint on the map to select it. Is it in the "Destinations" button on the current route?
Well this is how I do it, I use Garmins Basecamp to create my route and when I make waypoints I will number them so that they will display in order. Then you can go to saved and choose the next one without knowing the name of it.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:33 AM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hojones
Well this is how I do it, I use Garmins Basecamp to create my route and when I make waypoints I will number them so that they will display in order. Then you can go to saved and choose the next one without knowing the name of it.
That is a great idea. I couldn't figure out what was what in the Infotaiment GPS. This way I can see what the next waypoint would be.

I know I've read a lot about how the GPS sucks on these new bikes, but until yesterday I had no idea how bad it was.

Old 04-15-2014, 08:17 PM
kc hog
Tourer

I encourage everyone with the new GPS to Call Harley and let them know the problems your having with it. If enough people complain maybe they will get off there dead *** and fix the problems. Contact H-D Customer Service: 1-800-258-2464

Old 04-15-2014, 08:29 PM
kc hog
Tourer

This was posted by me on another Harley Forum website a few weeks ago.

I bought a 2014 Ultra Mar. 1. I didn't find out about the insane 9 wave point limitation until after the fact. After calling Harley customer service they informed me they had several complaints about the GPS wave points and the maps data base being 2 years out of date. They said they are working to increase the wave point numbers. I suggested they remove the limitation completely. In our discussion I informed them I had rides with up to 138 wave points to keep the GSP on the planned route.

I told them I was very disappointed with the GPS. (it was a pile of junk until they remove the limitation and update the GPS date base). BTW the cost for a one time update is $149.00 per the website. The revision date is 12 2012. (unacceptable) I informed them I was going to mount my old Zumo 665 on my new bike (Which has free life time map upgrade).

Theirs way around the limitations. Create several routes with only 9 points including start and finish. You can use Base camp or Ride planner, save the route as hdroute.gpx file. Rename the file and copy it onto a USB flash drive and load it into the bike GPS via the USB port. I number them 1,2,3,4,5 etc.

As the first route is completed start the next route. I position the finish point and the start of the next route a couple of miles apart to give me time to select the next route.

I hope this helps

Quick Reply: Missing the waypoint