Sponsored by:

VH = Rinehart

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014 | 12:29 PM
HarleyguyUltra2011
|
Tourer
Default VH = Rinehart

So I finally decided to go with a set of slip on muffler . I want a slip on that's a little louder the the stock mufflers nothing to crazy . So the question is which model do you feel is louder then the other . Also does anyone know with the slip on's that Vance & Hines makes is one model louder then the other .

Any opinions are greatly appreciated .

Old 04-13-2014 | 12:51 PM
Shep68
Road Master

I've had V/H on my previous two bikes (Cruzer's and Straight Shots). I liked them but will say with both the sound was more of a higher pitched, crackle if that makes sense...as opposed to more of a bass, rumble. I'm going w/ the Screamin' Eagle Street Canons this time. I listened to a set at the dealer and liked them. More of that lower tone rumble without being obnoxious. Read lots of reviews and folks who aren't looking for loud seem to like them. Sound good when the throttle is cracked and at idle but easy on the ears when cruising. Can't comment on Rinehart's but they get reviewed well...I think they are loud too though so something to keep in mind.

Last edited by Shep68; 04-13-2014 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-13-2014 | 12:53 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by HarleyguyUltra2011
So I finally decided to go with a set of slip on muffler . I want a slip on that's a little louder the the stock mufflers nothing to crazy . So the question is which model do you feel is louder then the other . Also does anyone know with the slip on's that Vance & Hines makes is one model louder then the other . Any opinions are greatly appreciated .
I think you need to decide first what character sound you want, low rumble or higher pitched bark. With the Rineharts, you would go with 4" for the lower pitched rumble and the 3" for the higher pitched bark. VH has similar (if not more) choices along the same lines. The larger diameter mufflers give a lower pitched/rumble sound while the smaller diameter give a higher pitched/bark. Within those general categories, there is a myriad of favors. It's not just about loudness.

Old 04-13-2014 | 01:33 PM
bikermikeee
Advanced

I think im going with the vh slip ons. I spent a lot of time at the harley dealership here in the black hills last summer during sturgis just watching bikes pull in and out and listening to them for the sound i like. I think my favorites were the vance and hines monster ovals or squares. Nice low rumble at idol, good tone and bark when you jump on them and when ive had a chance during sturgis to follow a bike with them on the road, they are nice and smooth for long distance touring which is the main purpose of me getting an ultra. Now just need to decide between the ovals or squares. I like the reinharts too, but they seem a wee bit louder at cruising speed. Afterten years with vh big shot longs (baffled) on my heritage, im ready for something a bit more mellow.

Old 04-13-2014 | 02:18 PM
Fast Aire
Former Sponsor

I had the V&H Mo Rounds on my 07 SG & good chance Ill put them on my 14 SGS. I like the lower rumble sound.

Old 04-13-2014 | 03:36 PM
xhere
Road Captain

If you are not changing your head pipe and leaving the cat in any slip on you install will not be to loud. As others have stated determine what sound you prefer and there are tons of options.

Old 04-13-2014 | 05:13 PM
HarleyguyUltra2011
|
Tourer

Thanks guys I like the low end rumble and since I have a Limited for cruising I don't want pipes that I'm not able to hear my radio . I will wait to see if any of the local dealers are having any events are go to them .

Old 04-13-2014 | 05:20 PM
hanny
Road Captain

check out my signature for the model V&H duals I got. louder for sure but not overkill. really throaty and killer dual looking, kinda hot rodish

Old 04-13-2014 | 05:21 PM
xhere
Road Captain

Some good options would be v&h monster rounds, oval or square. 4" rineharts, lots of options. Pick your poison.

Old 04-13-2014 | 07:33 PM
BLKPRLFLHTCU
Tourer

Rineharts are louder, bigger the baffle the louder they get td's even more so.

Quick Reply: VH = Rinehart