Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Module Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 07:00 AM
Diggman
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are quite a few responses to this thread in Touring.

I am the one that posted pictures of my relocated XM antenna on the dash. Since then, I have moved it just a smidge farther away from the windshield because I added the Harley 3 pocket pouch thingy.

Reception is very good. I still experience drop outs when there are big trees or buildings that block line of sight to the south, but this mod helps - even if only a little bit.

Diggs

edit: Thanks, Ghostrider1967. You beat me to it.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:09 AM
WildThang
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostrider1967
Someone on this or the touring forum mounted the antenna on the inside window dash opposite the vent fairing button? It didn't look too bad and he claimed he got better reception? I'll post it if I can find it?
Great idea...just moved mine and going to test out...

Old 04-10-2014, 07:44 AM
WildThang
Road Master

Originally Posted by WildThang
Great idea...just moved mine and going to test out...
Bingo....spots where I normally dropped out among trees in my local area is able to see the sat now...

Thanks everyone

Old 04-10-2014, 08:57 AM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know all the roads and overpasses that drop out in my truck, I'm going to assume this will be no better or worse. I was wondering how/where the antenna went and thanks for the responses.

I wish they'd move some of their web only channels onto the regular radios... Being a big Country and Classic Rock fan if the Harley XM radio could get "Red, White and Booze" I'd have the module on order already... I stream it from my phone, but it isn't the optimal way of listening to music.

Old 04-10-2014, 06:51 PM
gcroach
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question for those of you that have installed the XM module on the 2014 Limited. I installed the module this evening but have not activated the 3 month trial period yet as not quite ridding season here on the east coast of Canada yet. I was expecting to get the preview channel and some audio, however didn't get any audio. Has that been your experience? I know when you get a cage with a radio not subscribed you get audio on the preview channel, that's why I was expecting something. Now I am wondering if module is working although it does display the radio id.

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-10-2014, 07:31 PM
LeeH
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't have audio either. And, it sook a loooong time to activate when I did register it. Be patient!

Old 04-11-2014, 06:35 AM
Ghostrider1967
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gcroach
Question for those of you that have installed the XM module on the 2014 Limited. I installed the module this evening but have not activated the 3 month trial period yet as not quite ridding season here on the east coast of Canada yet. I was expecting to get the preview channel and some audio, however didn't get any audio. Has that been your experience? I know when you get a cage with a radio not subscribed you get audio on the preview channel, that's why I was expecting something. Now I am wondering if module is working although it does display the radio id.

Thanks in advance.
When I installed my xm module it took awhile to receive the data, but I did get the preview channel while I was waiting. Had a problem getting the radio id # too. I believe the new software updates to the infotainment gets it now. After two hours of receiving data, mine still didn't work. I pulled the 50a fuse, waited 5 minutes. The id was there and called SiriusXm and got the 3 months free. Little hint, if you wait long enough to sign up for the subscription, you should get a better deal? The will call you the week before for a deal. I'm probably moving my antenna to the dash. Most gps antennas need a clear view to the sky.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:28 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts

Someone needs to come out with a xm antenna located in the center bar on the 14 fairing vent. That would be ideal.