Sponsored by:

Rush Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 11:24 AM
SG_Jim
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
If you have an older bike without a catalytic converter, or new one with aftermarket headpipes, we recommend the 2.00" baffles but some riders who put on lots of highways miles might prefer the 1.75" baffles.
-Ryan
I have your HO head pipe and 2.5 Big Louie's. It's a little loud but not bad. Is there any advantage for me to switch to 2.00 baffle other than sound? Thanks

Old 04-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You should see a low-end power increase with a smaller baffle when properly tuned. Smaller ones produce better low end and larger ones produce better top end power. On a stock engine the 2.00" baffle has been our best overall performing size baffle with open head pipes. The difference between the 2.00" and 2.25" is minimal. But both will provide a bit more low-end compared to the 2.50". Still, it's not a drastic change. The 7017HO and Big Louie is a great setup. The HO will produce a few more HP and TQ (3-4) over the standard true dual 7017. For your setup you should see a low end increase but it's not going to be a huge change. I would base my decision on sound unless you are trying to squeeze out ever bit of possible power. Most people are not too concerned with that and just want the sound and some good performance. Thanks for choosing Rush.
-Ryan

Old 04-07-2014, 09:48 PM
SG_Jim
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
I would base my decision on sound unless you are trying to squeeze out ever bit of possible power. Most people are not too concerned with that and just want the sound and some good performance. Thanks for choosing Rush.
-Ryan
Ryan, I had the bike dyno tuned and she is running good. If I changed to a smaller baffle for the sound, would I need to have it tuned again?

Also, I ran into Catfish last weekend at Cajun Harley, he was a pleasure to talk to and represents Rush very well. Thanks for a great product.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

If you changed just one baffle size it most likely wont require a new dyno tune. Dropping down to the 2.00" it might but I can't guarantee that. Katfish is a great guy and my friend. Always good to hear some feedback. He does a lot for Rush and has made many friends in the industry and with customers. I'll relay the message to him.
Thanks,
Ryan

Old 04-09-2014, 08:22 PM
davep
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm going with Big Louie with 2.5 baffles.....thanks everyone for your input.....

Old 04-24-2014, 08:10 PM
wt street bob
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so.....on a stock 2014 street glide with a 103 high output i can run a 2.5" or 3" baffle? which one would be louder?

Old 04-25-2014, 05:43 AM
sat4314
Road Captain
Received 1,735 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Rush

Originally Posted by davep
I'm going with Big Louie with 2.5 baffles.....thanks everyone for your input.....
Good choice. The sound of mine is awesome even when just idling with the new cams.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:38 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by wt street bob
so.....on a stock 2014 street glide with a 103 high output i can run a 2.5" or 3" baffle? which one would be louder?
You can run either baffle size. The 3.00" is louder.
There is a link in my signature to a sound clip.
Ryan

Old 04-25-2014, 02:26 PM
wt street bob
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

cool. will i loose any power with the 3" baffle? i watched the youtube video from cycle solutions that tested the 2.5" baffle and it had the most torque of the slip-ons. i dont want to lose any low end torque.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:57 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by wt street bob
cool. will i loose any power with the 3" baffle? i watched the youtube video from cycle solutions that tested the 2.5" baffle and it had the most torque of the slip-ons. i dont want to lose any low end torque.
You'll see a gain over stock with either. The cat maintains the back pressure that is required for low end power. The difference in performance is minimal and I recommend choosing based on sound. The cat really restricts any performance gains and the only reason we can use a 3.00" baffle is because of all the back pressure created by the catalytic converter.
-Ryan

Quick Reply: Rush Mufflers