2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone install the 14 Hammock heated seat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 12:50 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 164 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Anyone install the 14 Hammock heated seat?

Thinking about buying the new 14 heated hammock seat for my 14 FLHTK. Had anyone made this upgrade? It's expensive, don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks

Old 04-03-2014, 01:29 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to know also. I sat on a CVO the other day and that seat felt awesone. I am trying to get the time to go by the dealer and do the demo Hammock that they have, but i would also like to hear from a long term rider. Someone who has put some miles on the seat. Scottt, is there a reason you are looking at the heated one? I was wondering if I would really use the heated that much, big savings for just the regular Hammock.. Thanks for letting me watch your post.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:30 PM
321north
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had one put on before it left the shop last week. Very comfortable to sit on in the garage lol. Should be able to get out next week and give it a good run.

Last edited by 321north; 04-03-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:57 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I like mine a lot. It sits up about an inch higher than the standard seat which gives my bike a stance more similar to what I am used to. If you are going to spring for the new seat, I highly recommend the heated version. I've been using mine every time I go out as the temps have been between 30 and 60.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:11 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bigboyride
I would like to know also. I sat on a CVO the other day and that seat felt awesone. I am trying to get the time to go by the dealer and do the demo Hammock that they have, but i would also like to hear from a long term rider. Someone who has put some miles on the seat. Scottt, is there a reason you are looking at the heated one? I was wondering if I would really use the heated that much, big savings for just the regular Hammock.. Thanks for letting me watch your post.
My last bike was a 07 SE Ultra with a heated seat. My wife and I really liked having heated seats. Nothing like hitting the heat switch when it's cold. If you do any long haul touring you are going to hit cool, cold and wet weather. Heated seats are a wonderful luxury to have.

I am interested in the comfort provided. It's my assumption that the heated hammock is different than the non heated version. It's my guess that adding the Heater's requires more than the addition of a couple heating pads. I would not be surprised if it has different foam and seat vinyls. That would account for the near 100% price difference.

Old 04-03-2014, 02:12 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 321north
Had one put on before it left the shop last week. Very comfortable to sit on in the garage lol. Should be able to get out next week and give it a good run.
A heated hammock?

Old 04-03-2014, 02:18 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dgreen1069
I like mine a lot. It sits up about an inch higher than the standard seat which gives my bike a stance more similar to what I am used to. If you are going to spring for the new seat, I highly recommend the heated version. I've been using mine every time I go out as the temps have been between 30 and 60.
Did you start with the stock seat and then switch to the heated Hammock? If so, what was the comfort difference outside of the heat?

Did you add a rider backrest?

I agree with you, would not buy without the heat option.

Thanks

Old 04-03-2014, 02:32 PM
dgreen1069
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by scottt
Did you start with the stock seat and then switch to the heated Hammock? If so, what was the comfort difference outside of the heat?

Did you add a rider backrest?

I agree with you, would not buy without the heat option.

Thanks
I bought a 2014 CVO which comes standard with the Heated Hammock and backrest.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Bigboyride
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scottt
My last bike was a 07 SE Ultra with a heated seat. My wife and I really liked having heated seats. Nothing like hitting the heat switch when it's cold. If you do any long haul touring you are going to hit cool, cold and wet weather. Heated seats are a wonderful luxury to have.

I am interested in the comfort provided. It's my assumption that the heated hammock is different than the non heated version. It's my guess that adding the Heater's requires more than the addition of a couple heating pads. I would not be surprised if it has different foam and seat vinyls. That would account for the near 100% price difference.
Gotcha, thanks for the info. I will make sure that I demo The heated version hammock.

Old 04-03-2014, 07:39 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

I had one on my 12 limited. First thing I added to the 14. Tried moving it from the 12 to the 14. It worked but the passenger portion is about 2" lower than the one for the 14. So I bought one made for the 14. Better shock absorption then the stock seat due to the Hammock suspension system in the seat. You can ride a lot longer before your but gets tired. I bought the heated one from Surdyke.com 20% off and free shipping. Kutter HD also gives 20% off. My wife turns the heat on when it's below about 70. I don't use it till it's below about 60. That heat on your but helps keep your whole body Warmer. You will also have to buy the accessory wiring harness to connect it to the bike if you get the heated one.

Quick Reply: Anyone install the 14 Hammock heated seat?