Sponsored by:

GPS Map Inporting

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 09:03 PM
COWBOY1296
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Any updated info

I see that it has been 10 days since the last post. I have not been riding so i dont have much to say. But has anyone else had any success with the gps?

Old 07-27-2014, 09:09 PM
bigrobtemp
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I used mine and had to revise the file to 9 points. Put it on a jump drive and it loaded. Need more waypoints and I hope they update the software.

Old 07-27-2014, 10:01 PM
COWBOY1296
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default another thread

I found this information on another thread. I have no idea how legit it is, however i am doing the download as i type here. I will not transfer i to the bike until i verify it is correct. This is suppose to be an update for the 6.5.

https://transfer.harman.com/message/...KEuhq4SrqZe7kh
That's the link , but it's secure. You have to provide your email address and enter the code they send.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:10 PM
RonaldNC
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, I've read all this and thought I had it. I got the correct files uploaded to the bike and started on my trip. However, as was mention here, I missed one of the waypoints... and the GPS kept trying send me back to "touch" it. I cancelled the route guidance and tried again, but it wouldn't let me start mid-trip. How do I start a route mid-trip?

Thanks,

Ron

Old 08-03-2014, 09:39 PM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by RonaldNC
Okay, I've read all this and thought I had it. I got the correct files uploaded to the bike and started on my trip. However, as was mention here, I missed one of the waypoints... and the GPS kept trying send me back to "touch" it. I cancelled the route guidance and tried again, but it wouldn't let me start mid-trip. How do I start a route mid-trip?

Thanks,

Ron
If you cancelled the route, then restarted the GPS with your route it should have recalculated your route where you are going forward, passed your last WP.

Last edited by ChristoHD; 08-03-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:27 AM
RonaldNC
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Christo,

I tried that... it wanted to send me back to the beginning. I will try again this weekend, when I get out again to ride... maybe I didn't do it right.

Thanks,

Ron

Old 08-04-2014, 06:38 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by RonaldNC
Christo,

I tried that... it wanted to send me back to the beginning. I will try again this weekend, when I get out again to ride... maybe I didn't do it right.

Thanks,

Ron
If another trick is to just select the end point of your route if there are no more WP's

Old 08-04-2014, 07:16 AM
Kevinch
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ChristoHD
If another trick is to just select the end point of your route if there are no more WP's
I'm curious though - let's say you have 5 waypoints, & you ignore/miss #3. When the 6.5 tries to send you back, what do you do?

If you stop the guidance & restart your route, what are the options available to you? If you restart from the beginning, the 6.5 will want you to go to the first way point - correct? And if you stop the guidance & simply pick you final destination, you won't be on the route you designed with your last 2 waypoints.

What would you do?

Old 08-04-2014, 08:22 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Kevinch
I'm curious though - let's say you have 5 waypoints, & you ignore/miss #3. When the 6.5 tries to send you back, what do you do?

If you stop the guidance & restart your route, what are the options available to you? If you restart from the beginning, the 6.5 will want you to go to the first way point - correct? And if you stop the guidance & simply pick you final destination, you won't be on the route you designed with your last 2 waypoints.

What would you do?
In my testing of a trip I took to KY about a month ago, when a WP was being tricky, I just went past it, and then restarted that same trip - the GPS knew where "I" was a just recalculated based on what remained on the planned trip. It did not make me go back to the beginning.

This is where I am beginning to see some inconsistencies in the software, or could be the end user. ;-)

Think about it - you planned a trip - from point A to B, with some shapers in there. When you recalculate the route, it knows where you are, and it knows where you need to end up - so it will just recalculate based on what is left on your planned trip.

Do a little experiment this weekend, on a known road, plan a trip, add some WP's, and purposely miss one. Stop the route, get passed the WP, then restart the trip again and see what it does.

Last edited by ChristoHD; 08-04-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:29 PM
Wayne Carlton
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevinch

What would you do?
you need to restart rout from waypoint #4 or it will try to take you back to 1st waypiont

Quick Reply: GPS Map Inporting