Locking Your Bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014 | 03:16 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by DAKSY
$95 is cheap insurance....
Kutter HD online, $134 delivered, siren and remote pager...

Old 03-25-2014 | 04:04 PM
Custardglide
Tourer

Originally Posted by AdvLobby
I'm sorta new to the HD world. My Ultra comes with the security system, but when the bike is moved, all that happens is lights flash.

Is there a siren also? Or is this an extra purchase?
Am I missing something here??? Are you guys telling me your bikes dont come with a siren as standard??? Wow I know different markets have different specifications, but seriously $28000 of bike WITHOUT a alarm siren seems a bit wrong to me. Here in UK sirens have been fitted as standard since 2002!! Even sportsters have them.

Old 03-25-2014 | 04:18 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member

This really is a serious post. A buddy of mine travels a lot on his bike. He locks the ignition and fork then covers it with a Honda cover. He has never had an issue.

Old 03-25-2014 | 05:50 PM
DBLXX
Road Master

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
This really is a serious post. A buddy of mine travels a lot on his bike. He locks the ignition and fork then covers it with a Honda cover. He has never had an issue.

LOL.....Honda cover. Brilliant.

Old 03-25-2014 | 06:03 PM
klink58
|
Advanced
Default Traveling

What ever I can take off will come off and a siren II and a wheel lock to go on.After that God help him.
All you can do is all you can and you can't do no more.

Old 03-25-2014 | 06:12 PM
J F GO
Seasoned HDF Member

Check out Brukus.com They have some good security items available

Old 03-25-2014 | 06:28 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Custardglide
Am I missing something here??? Are you guys telling me your bikes dont come with a siren as standard?
That is correct sir. The siren I believe is included in the $40K CVO Limited, optional on other bikes with the security system.

Old 03-26-2014 | 10:54 PM
dhermann43
Cruiser

Just finished reading through everyone's post, very good ideas. I love the idea about a Honda cover. I might just go to my local Honda dealer and get one (or online). About the big chain idea... My thoughts are you need to put it through the rear rim and frame or rear rim to rear rim on your buddies bike. Using the chain on the front rim and forks is useless you can just pick up the front end. I also have the siren and audio warning is always good.

So with all that being said I guess the best thing would be to lock all the locks on the bike including the fork lock. Use the siren and pager. Lock the back rim to the frame or your buddies bike with a big covered chain. AND BEST OF ALL PUT A NON HARLEY COVER ON THE BIKE. Not only will people walk by, it will also help keep the bike dry if it rains. hahaha

Old 03-27-2014 | 04:31 AM
djkolp
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
Originally Posted by dhermann43
Just finished reading through everyone's post, very good ideas. I love the idea about a Honda cover. I might just go to my local Honda dealer and get one (or online). AND BEST OF ALL PUT A NON HARLEY COVER ON THE BIKE. Not only will people walk by, it will also help keep the bike dry if it rains. hahaha
5 most-stolen motorcycles

1. Honda
2. Yamaha
3. Suzuki
4. Kawasaki
5. Harley-Davidson

5 states with the most motorcycle thefts

1. California
2. Texas
3. Florida
4. North Carolina
5. Indiana

Old 03-27-2014 | 04:57 AM
103 sedona orange
Ultimate HDF Member

I added the HD Siren to my alarm, lock the fork, use HD rotor lock, & cover my bike with a $19.95 Wally Mart cover. If I'm at a motel where I can't park in front of my room, I'll ask if I can park in front of main door. I've always been able to make that work. I've even taken off my saddle bags & carry them to my room.

Quick Reply: Locking Your Bike