2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full face helmet with a FLHXS windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 06:47 PM
9one1
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Full face helmet with a FLHXS windshield?

I did a quick ride on my new Street Glide Special with 116 miles on it wearing my even newer HJC RPHA Max modular helmet (same as the Harley FXRG). Didn't get much above 65 mph but was feeling/ hearing the buffeting at that speed.

Anyone actually wear a full face helmet on a Street Glide and if so what windshield/windshield size do you use to eliminate it?

Old 03-20-2014, 02:48 AM
Granpita
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem with my helmet, a Shoei Neotec so I replaced the SGS stock shorty shield with one from the EG Ultra, whatever height that is. It is working well but I don't like looking through it and I'm now waiting for the fork wind deflectors to come in from JES Custom Accents, which has them in black. In the pictures, they seem to pretty much disappear, plus black is the fastest color. From different threads on the various forums, it appears that fork deflectors solve the problem. We'll see . . .

Old 03-20-2014, 04:06 AM
SoZoomMe
Road Captain

I had the 10" HD Windsplitter, but still got buffeting at the top of my helmet. I replaced it with a Cee Bailey's 11" "Cee Devil" and have no more wind at the top of the helmet. Price was very reasonable. Oh, and I'm still looking over the shield.

Old 03-20-2014, 05:34 AM
9one1
Tourer

Originally Posted by Granpita
I had the same problem with my helmet, a Shoei Neotec so I replaced the SGS stock shorty shield with one from the EG Ultra, whatever height that is. It is working well but I don't like looking through it and I'm now waiting for the fork wind deflectors to come in from JES Custom Accents, which has them in black. In the pictures, they seem to pretty much disappear, plus black is the fastest color. From different threads on the various forums, it appears that fork deflectors solve the problem. We'll see . . .
Keep me posted I'm very interested if this works!!

Old 03-20-2014, 05:35 AM
9one1
Tourer

Originally Posted by SoZoomMe
I had the 10" HD Windsplitter, but still got buffeting at the top of my helmet. I replaced it with a Cee Bailey's 11" "Cee Devil" and have no more wind at the top of the helmet. Price was very reasonable. Oh, and I'm still looking over the shield.
Awesome! I will look into that one. Thanks

Old 03-20-2014, 05:39 AM
9one1
Tourer

HA HA

I have used the search button and have read the bazillion windshield posts and did not find the answer I was looking for so I asked the question. I read and learn from what people post and contribute useful info when I have it which is the reason forums like this exist.

Last edited by EveHD; 03-20-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 06:15 AM
nuages
Cruiser

I am 5' 6'' tall and run a 7'' Windsplitter on my 2014 Street Glide with fairing lowers.
Can ride up to 65mph with the visor open on my modular helmet....no buffeting and little noise...view is about 2'' above the screen........put the visor down and lots of wind noise...........so looking at either a Shoei Neotec or Schuberth C3.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:17 AM
GCSuper
Cruiser
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm going thru this as well. On past E-G's I've always looked thru the windshield, but I kinda like looking over the shield on my Limited. I've tried a few different shields, a HD windsplitter 10" and an LRS 9". Both work good putting the wind above the helmet, but if I open the shield ( Nolan N 104 ) the wind hits it and starts to shake my head around. The windsplitter seems to work the best, but the distortion at eye level is horrible. Can't believe HD would make a product that blocks vision like that.
This is the drawback to buying a new bike. Just takes a little time to get it to fit right.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:14 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 198 Likes on 168 Posts

If the thread is of no interest to you, why not just move on instead of trash posting ?

Last edited by EveHD; 03-20-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 02:47 PM
EveHD
Moderatress
Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

House cleaning - Done.

Carry on...

Quick Reply: Full face helmet with a FLHXS windshield?