2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Galaxy S4 4.3 Does it work with the Boom Box Texting, Streaming etc?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 06:05 PM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Galaxy S4 4.3 Does it work with the Boom Box Texting, Streaming etc?

Galaxy S4 4.3 Does it work with the Boom Box Texting, Streaming etc? When I paired the S4 and tried to stream Pandora it started flipping between playing mp3 files on the phone & Pandora. I deleted the mp3 files and Pandora stopped playing? Does anybody have an S4 hooked paired with your Boom Box? Does the text work? Music Files? Streaming? ETC?

Old 03-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Ghostrider1967
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TimLScheffer
Galaxy S4 4.3 Does it work with the Boom Box Texting, Streaming etc? When I paired the S4 and tried to stream Pandora it started flipping between playing mp3 files on the phone & Pandora. I deleted the mp3 files and Pandora stopped playing? Does anybody have an S4 hooked paired with your Boom Box? Does the text work? Music Files? Streaming? ETC?
My Samsung Galaxy model S4 with android version 4.3 works well with my 14 Limited. The bluetooth has been linked to the bike since August 21 with no problems. The text message icon shows up, when I get a new text. My songs play good from bluetooth, but even better when wired to the usb. When connected to the usb I get the album art and the song time. On bluetooth, no album art or song time. The auto reply text message works well. Other then two minor things, everything works well with my S4.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:53 PM
BuckeyeMan
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are the two minor things as this is the same phone I will be using.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:02 PM
Blitzburgh
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My S4 worked perfect until i did the boom speaker and amp upgrade, now my playlist dont show up it just shows a list of files of odd file names. I switched to using a usb thump drive for music and having my S4 hooked up to the bluetooth from the tour pack.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Ghostrider1967
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BuckeyeMan
What are the two minor things as this is the same phone I will be using.
On bluetooth, I don't get the album art or the song timer. Since then I have been using it on the usb with no problems.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:20 PM
T_Dogg80
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have an S3 and everything works. I have no art with bluetooth either but that's normal. The usb doesn't work with music for me because all of my music is on an SD card in the phone.

Old 03-20-2014, 06:22 AM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghostrider1967
My Samsung Galaxy model S4 with android version 4.3 works well with my 14 Limited. The bluetooth has been linked to the bike since August 21 with no problems. The text message icon shows up, when I get a new text. My songs play good from bluetooth, but even better when wired to the usb. When connected to the usb I get the album art and the song time. On bluetooth, no album art or song time. The auto reply text message works well. Other then two minor things, everything works well with my S4.
Have you tried streaming Pandora? My Current phone is an HTC. I start Pandora on the phone, then select Media & my phone. It plays Pandora over the infotainment system. I bought a Galaxy S4 and paired it. When I plugged it into the Bike it started playing the MP3 files on the phone, the Pandora, and some vidios I had recorded all at the same time. Neither I nor the T-Mobile fella Aaron could make it stop doing that. So I returned the phone & got my old one back. ( I had to fight the guy not to get charged a $50 restocking fee) When I paired the HTC, it asked if I wanted to recognize the bike as a disk drive or a charging station only. I chose charging station only. The Galaxy S4 did not give me that option nor could I find any place in the phone to set it that way. It recognized the Boom Box as a disc drive. That may be the problem. I don't know if it is a problem with Samsung software or if it is a quirk of Android 4.3 that is not been patched with the Harley firmware. The problem with the HTC though is the text does not work? Am I the only one streaming Pandora over the phone thru the bike or is anyone else doing this? If you are able to stream Pandora what phone do you have? I stopped by Harley and picked up the cable that plugs into the back of the Radio and provides a 3.5 mm audio port. I am thinking that is a way around the Bluetooth. Pre-14 Bikes had this port but it is not on the 14. After I install it, I will have to take it in to get flashed so the Boom Box will recognize the added port.

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 03-20-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:04 AM
harleyjth
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stream Pandora with my iphone 4S. Works well as long as I have a signal. I'm on CSpire, which roams on Verizon towers when I'm out of my home area. Just have Pandora open on the phone, it will pick it up when you choose your phone on the bike. Works for me either hardwired or Bluetooth.
jt

Old 03-20-2014, 07:02 PM
Ghostrider1967
Cruiser

Have you tried streaming Pandora? My Current phone is an HTC. I start Pandora on the phone, then select Media & my phone. It plays Pandora over the infotainment system. I bought a Galaxy S4 and paired it. When I plugged it into the Bike it started playing the MP3 files on the phone, the Pandora, and some vidios I had recorded all at the same time. Neither I nor the T-Mobile fella Aaron could make it stop doing that. So I returned the phone & got my old one back. ( I had to fight the guy not to get charged a $50 restocking fee) When I paired the HTC, it asked if I wanted to recognize the bike as a disk drive or a charging station only. I chose charging station only. The Galaxy S4 did not give me that option nor could I find any place in the phone to set it that way. It recognized the Boom Box as a disc drive. That may be the problem. I don't know if it is a problem with Samsung software or if it is a quirk of Android 4.3 that is not been patched with the Harley firmware. The problem with the HTC though is the text does not work? Am I the only one streaming Pandora over the phone thru the bike or is anyone else doing this? If you are able to stream Pandora what phone do you have? I stopped by Harley and picked up the cable that plugs into the back of the Radio and provides a 3.5 mm audio port. I am thinking that is a way around the Bluetooth. Pre-14 Bikes had this port but it is not on the 14. After I install it, I will have to take it in to get flashed so the Boom Box will recognize the added port.
Sorry I didn't try to stream Pandora yet. I have the SiriusXm module installed with a subscription. Plus my bike has been hibernating for 3 months now due to snow and salt here. I hope to get out maybe this weekend?

Old 03-20-2014, 08:04 PM
SecondGear
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Have you tried streaming Pandora? My Current phone is an HTC. I start Pandora on the phone, then select Media & my phone. It plays Pandora over the infotainment system. I bought a Galaxy S4 and paired it. When I plugged it into the Bike it started playing the MP3 files on the phone, the Pandora, and some vidios I had recorded all at the same time.
My Galaxy S4 streams Pandora just as you described.

I hack the hell out of my phone & install a load of experimental software. When running any based on Android 4.3 (JellyBean), everything works perfectly but the new 4.4 (KitKat) does not. The bluetooth software in Android 4.4 seems to be a work in progress.

Here's my post about the galaxy streaming pandora:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...l#post12467275

Quick Reply: Galaxy S4 4.3 Does it work with the Boom Box Texting, Streaming etc?