Com headset

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 02:25 AM
redeye93
Road Master
Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Com headset

2 questions...
I'm contemplating getting the Boom Music Com Kit and looking at either the regular half helmet headset or the premium. How has your experience been with answering the phone? I'm on call for my job all the time and sometimes I would just need to answer the phone quickly if only to find out if it's worth pulling over. How's the regular set? Is it worth the extra $30 for the premium? One more question...if the headset is plugged in, is there a setting to make it only activate for phone? Can I listen to my speakers regular and when phone rings headset kicks in? Just curious if it's worth the couple hundred bucks. I would use my regular LG bt headset, but hard for others to hear me with it even though I hear them fine. Thanks fellas!

Old 03-18-2014, 06:49 AM
rmfischer
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not use either of those headsets for the phone. But I did pick up a throat mic and no one has a clue I am riding when I talk to them using it. It has a mono ear tube but I always have everything come through the speakers but if I remember correctly you can set it to have the phone come through the headset and not the speakers.

this I similar to the one I bought
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Weather-...942816&vxp=mtr

Old 03-18-2014, 07:48 AM
emu309
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use HD premium headset with full face helmet. No one has been able to tell I was on the bike.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:05 AM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

I bought the premium for a full face, have not used it yet while riding. Only going to use it for long trips. The testing went well, they could not tell I had a helmet on , said it was clear. Maybe this weekend I will do a ff run

Old 03-18-2014, 08:06 AM
spr0k3t
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can set the phone up for the headset only if you want, works very well. I've made phone calls on the HD com using fullface and three-quarter. No one was aware of the 70+ mph winds and I had no problems hearing them. I'm fine with the com cable, the only annoyance is getting off the bike and forgetting you hooked it up.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:21 AM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer

I'm using an IMC headset in my half helmet and no one has any clue I'm on a motorcycle.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:29 AM
DBLXX
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Where does the headset plug into?

I have a stock SGS.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:07 AM
Wayne Carlton
Cruiser

Originally Posted by redeye93
2 questions...
I'm contemplating getting the Boom Music Com Kit and looking at either the regular half helmet headset or the premium. How has your experience been with answering the phone? I'm on call for my job all the time and sometimes I would just need to answer the phone quickly if only to find out if it's worth pulling over. How's the regular set? Is it worth the extra $30 for the premium? One more question...if the headset is plugged in, is there a setting to make it only activate for phone? Can I listen to my speakers regular and when phone rings headset kicks in? Just curious if it's worth the couple hundred bucks. I would use my regular LG bt headset, but hard for others to hear me with it even though I hear them fine. Thanks fellas!
The older one will hurt your ears after a while being worn with a helment
the newer one is very tight and I have seen 4 of them break in the middle of the back strap
to get one that works you need the the one that connects to the helmet and be careful not to over tighten where you attach to the helment they tend to break

Old 03-18-2014, 10:14 AM
Wayne Carlton
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rmfischer
I have not use either of those headsets for the phone. But I did pick up a throat mic and no one has a clue I am riding when I talk to them using it. It has a mono ear tube but I always have everything come through the speakers but if I remember correctly you can set it to have the phone come through the headset and not the speakers.

this I similar to the one I bought
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Weather-...942816&vxp=mtr
thanks just ordered one for the occasion that I dont feel like wearing a helmet

Old 03-18-2014, 10:48 AM
jcapps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 374 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by DBLXX
Where does the headset plug into?

I have a stock SGS.
YOu have to buy the cable and wire it in. Very simple, have to remove outer fairing, seat, tank etc. I drilled out the dash panel and installed it there

Quick Reply: Com headset