Sponsored by:

Answer To Aux Input on 6.5

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 07:02 PM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Answer To Aux Input on 6.5

For folks looking to add a auxiliary input to their 6.5 system to use a Garmin or whatever device it is a relatively simple process. I purchased the HD part number 69200610 jumper and removed the 3 wires from the Molex connector. Be sure to record what pin number they are and color. You will find a 12 pin Molex connector on top of the radio unit that goes from the CB to the main radio unit. In that connector on the CB side you will see 4 spaces in the plug that are not being used. Take the Molex connector apart from the front. Remove the white blanks. insert the wire sockets into the same number holes you removed them from previously. They are white, red, black. Hole numbers 6,7,8. Take bike to your dealer to connect to Digital Tech. Under the radio tab you will see Audio inputs. Choose Aux input 3 and name it what ever you like. You will see at the top of the DT screen an option to turn CB on or Off. Do not choose ON. That will take the CB out of system. Only tell them to turn the Audio 3 input on. Flash radio and reboot radio. You will see on your radio under "Media" your newly named input. it will work with any Garmin or audio device you have and functions and mutes just like the rest of the system. I hope this helps those of us who had questions about this subject.

Attached Thumbnails Answer To Aux Input on 6.5-20140225_150654.jpg   Answer To Aux Input on 6.5-20140225_150953.jpg  

Last edited by hojones; 02-25-2014 at 02:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:17 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 255 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by hojones
For folks looking to add a auxiliary input to their 6.5 system to use a Garmin or whatever device it is a relatively simple process. I purchased the HD part number 69200610 jumper and removed the 3 wires from the Molex connector. Be sure to record what pin number they are and color. You will find a 12 pin Molex connector on top of the radio unit that goes from the CB to the main radio unit. In that connector on the CB side you will see 4 spaces in the plug that are not being used. Take the Molex connector apart from the front. Remove the white blanks. insert the wire sockets into the same number holes you removed them from previously. They are white, red, black. Hole numbers 6,7,8. Take bike to your dealer to connect to Digital Tech. Under the radio tab you will see Audio inputs. Choose Aux input 3 and name it what ever you like. Flash radio and reboot radio. You will see on your radio under "Media" your newly named input. it will work with any Garmin or audio device you have and functions and mutes just like the rest of the system. I hope this helps those of us who had questions about this subject.
Thank you, I think we spoke earlier. You make it sound easy, when you say flash the radio, is that something I (we) can do or do we have to go to the dealer for that? Thank you...

Old 02-24-2014, 07:30 PM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member

Has to go to dealer. In my case my dealer learned how to do it also today. Most are not up to speed on these new bikes and welcome a chance to try something new on a volunteers bike. The way I figure it you cant screw something up that cant be fixed.

Old 02-25-2014, 06:52 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 331 Likes on 251 Posts

Subscribed.. Will be looking into this. Thank you

Old 02-25-2014, 07:08 AM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Great news... Can you post pics of the connectors you are talking about? Also can you message me with the info on your dealer so I can have my dealer contact your service dept if they have any questions? Is this the audio jack jumper you are speaking of?

Attached Thumbnails Answer To Aux Input on 6.5-1-harley-audio-69200610.jpg  

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 02-25-2014 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:48 AM
TimLScheffer
Road Captain
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

what does flash the head unit mean ?

Old 02-25-2014, 08:59 AM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by TimLScheffer
what does flash the head unit mean ?
The Dealer connects bike to Digital Technician, changes the settings that are programmed in or sends new program to bike BCM.. Only the dealer can do this.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:30 AM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by GlidingJoe
The Dealer connects bike to Digital Technician, changes the settings that are programmed in or sends new program to bike BCM.. Only the dealer can do this.
What he said.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:20 PM
GlidingJoe
Outstanding HDF Member

H.O. Couple of questions:
What did you add to your bike using the additional switches I noticed in your pic's.? I ask for I did the same adding heated seat Hi/Lo and garage door opener.
How did you mount the Garmin? and last what is the end connection of the 69200610 part you refer to?

Old 02-25-2014, 06:40 PM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by GlidingJoe
H.O. Couple of questions:
What did you add to your bike using the additional switches I noticed in your pic's.? I ask for I did the same adding heated seat Hi/Lo and garage door opener.
How did you mount the Garmin? and last what is the end connection of the 69200610 part you refer to?
Added switches are for some lights I installed. As for Garmin I used HD's Black handle bar mount. I know it was expensive but it fits and looks as good as any I've seen. The end of the part 69200610 is a 3.5 mm male stereo plug.

Quick Reply: Answer To Aux Input on 6.5