2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014 | 05:03 PM
UppercaseJC
Road Warrior

no second recall is in place

Old 02-22-2014 | 05:54 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by UppercaseJC
no second recall is in place
Thanks...

Old 02-22-2014 | 07:05 PM
mikeman54
Supporter

Tim your dealers DICKING you around.If they were descent they would have gave you a loaner and said sorry for the situation and take care of it.Give them the opportunity to make it right.All your bitchin on here won't win you any sympathy(i think your seeing that).So with that being said,I hope you get your ride back with no issue,if not there are other brands that may suit you better.

Old 02-22-2014 | 07:27 PM
SoCalMike
Tourer

Go buy a Honda . . . And have your blood pressure checked

Old 02-22-2014 | 09:25 PM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain

Seriously Mike??? I rather die on a defective Harley than be seen toodlin around on a Honda... I put 80k on my 07 Ultra before I got hit head on by a drunk driver October before last... I really miss that bike, she put the Wethead to shame. The Wife an I did a trip to Canada that year. Five thousand miles in fifteen days. I still dream about that trip. Houston to Oklahoma, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Coutts Canada, then back thru Beartooth Pass, on to Idaho where we saw David Allan Coe in Idaho Springs,Utah... back into Colorado thru Telluride... The Million Dollar Highway... New Mexico then back to Texas via Oklahoma... Perfect weather the whole way... I started tellin folks I was going to Canada on a Harley when I was five years old... "Son, you ain't even got a Harley." they would say... "Not Yet" I replied... It took me 52 years to get there... While waitin in line to cross the border, I was inspired to celebrate with a cartwheel... Needless to day the border guards stripped our bike & luggage to the ground lookin fer drugs & or weapons... Them Canadian Border Dudes are about as friendly as a MoCo Service being questioned about the HydroClutch Recall Nope... No Hondas for me. Link to our FB Canadian trip blog www.facebook.com/events/143687842421957/

Attached Thumbnails I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?-canada.jpg   I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?-canada-flip.jpg   I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?-canada-ange-i.jpg   I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?-canada-sherr-castle-rock.jpg   I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?-canada-sherri-montans.jpg  

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 02-22-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-22-2014 | 09:51 PM
bingram1
Tourer

Maybe your bike is rebelling because you keep calling it a WETHEAD.
These are twin cooled bikes.

Old 02-23-2014 | 07:44 AM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mikeman54
....All your bitchin on here won't win you any sympathy(i think your seeing that).So with that being said,I hope you get your ride back with no issue,if not there are other brands that may suit you better.
Sympathy??? That's what you think I'm in it fer??? No Sir-ie... You got it all wrong LecheDudeQuatroCinco... Me and DoubleFreeze... we're two peas ina pod...we're full blown attention Wh@res lookin fer a fix... ... ... ... ... ... ... On our trip to Canada we visited our old Posse scattered around the country... A partial map of our Canadian trek pic2 each section was a days ride. We wern't lettin no grass grow under our feet... we was movin... w Tony pic1... and the Hawkins Brothers in Pagosa pic3

Attached Thumbnails I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?-1-harley-tony.jpg   I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?-1-harley-canada-map.jpg   I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?-1-harley-hawkins.jpg  

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 02-23-2014 at 08:09 AM.
Old 02-23-2014 | 05:40 PM
dusturbd
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TimLScheffer
Seriously Mike??? I rather die on a defective Harley than be seen toodlin around on a Honda... I put 80k on my 07 Ultra before I got hit head on by a drunk driver October before last... I really miss that bike, she put the Wethead to shame. The Wife an I did a trip to Canada that year. Five thousand miles in fifteen days. I still dream about that trip. Houston to Oklahoma, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Coutts Canada, then back thru Beartooth Pass, on to Idaho where we saw David Allan Coe in Idaho Springs,Utah... back into Colorado thru Telluride... The Million Dollar Highway... New Mexico then back to Texas via Oklahoma... Perfect weather the whole way... I started tellin folks I was going to Canada on a Harley when I was five years old... "Son, you ain't even got a Harley." they would say... "Not Yet" I replied... It took me 52 years to get there... While waitin in line to cross the border, I was inspired to celebrate with a cartwheel... Needless to day the border guards stripped our bike & luggage to the ground lookin fer drugs & or weapons... Them Canadian Border Dudes are about as friendly as a MoCo Service being questioned about the HydroClutch Recall Nope... No Hondas for me. Link to our FB Canadian trip blog www.facebook.com/events/143687842421957/

I you really think that an 07 puts the 14 to shame then there are some serious issues somewhere either with the bike or in your head not sure which.
I have had a Xl1200 a 07 Dyna Super glide and a 13 RGU along with a few other bikes in my close to 40 years of riding and none of them even come close to my 14 Limited.

Old 02-23-2014 | 06:08 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dusturbd
I you really think that an 07 puts the 14 to shame then there are some serious issues somewhere either with the bike or in your head not sure which.
I have had a Xl1200 a 07 Dyna Super glide and a 13 RGU along with a few other bikes in my close to 40 years of riding and none of them even come close to my 14 Limited.

When did a guy ever go out and buy the newest motorcycle out and say it wasn't the best thing since sliced bread? .......... until something happens

Last edited by Beaux; 02-23-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-23-2014 | 10:18 PM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain

The Wet Head handles tighter... The motor runs smoother... The brakes stop faster... The light shines brighter... Therein lies my complaint... Yes this hydroclutch thing hs me hot under the collar... but that's not why I liked the 07 better... The Wethead runs and feels like a metric??? Harleys have always had a certain air of Barbarianism... The Wethead while still in a class by itself, has moved in a civilized direction... Neither a good nor a bad thing... just different... There is a reason I don't ride a Metric... "Machismo!~" The Goldwing is an amazing machine... puts a Harley to shame when it comes to engineering... Harley aint about precision... It's about low hangin *****... It's about haulin ****... the type of **** not to be confused with speed... It's about the key of E... It's about a Milwaukee stimulator... Mr. Harley is having an identity crisis... What's it gonna be Milwaukee??? Testosterone or Estrogen? Don't get me wrong... a Goldwing is fun to ride... It is an awesome Motor Scooter... It takes ***** to roll a Honda throttle all the way back in one swift motion... Estrogen is not a bad think... I love the smell of it on me... But mainlining it... is a different thing altogether...

Quick Reply: I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?