2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014 | 07:20 PM
mikeman54
Supporter

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
Grand total of 2 posts and your ragging on owners of brand new bikes? Maybe some day you can afford one and you'll be over here in the Rushmore section digging for info...and if your comment was tongue-in-cheek, maybe a little smile to let us know you're just bustin 'em a bit!
My Thought

Old 02-20-2014 | 07:37 PM
huffy
Cruiser

My friend has a 09 CVO Roadglide. His clutch stopped working. HEAVY TRAFFIC.. His rear brakes also stopped working while on a very popular road near here....NOT THE SAME DAY.. heavy load with passenger.. the REASON was the same though... HEAT.. you continue to slip the clutch, it builds heat.. transfers to the fluid and no clutch...You ride the rear brake and don't use front brake, you will lose your brakes..... he pulled over cooled off and then everything was fine.. Those who don't believe this go get on your bike and prove me wrong.

Last edited by huffy; 02-20-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-20-2014 | 08:43 PM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain

Here we go round the Mulberry bush... The Service Dude told me my bike was at the factory when the recall went down and that they took care of the problem at the factory... I kept pressing him for info as to exactly what they did at the factory to rectify the problem... He said they replaced inappropriate part... He did not know exactly what part it was... but they replaced it... My bike left the factory November 12... The Recall came out October 16th... The Dealer tech found the problem to be a leaky master cylinder and called the factory rep... The factory rep said to replace the master cylinder... They don't have one at the dealer and won't be able to procure one til next tuesday... Today is thursday... WTF... They got a known problem... and they don't keep that part in stock??? I told the Service writer I wanted the written documentation for the work they did at the factory.... He called me back about 30 minutes later to tell me, "A" they did not have a loaner for me and "B" they would not be able to get documentation on the work done on the master cylinder... He assured me though that this bike had the sticker they put on em to let the dealer know that the recall work had been performed??? I'm smellin a rat & I'm ticked... He also fed me a line that the wrong part was installed only on the CVO's so this was a different issue... Seriously??? Then why did they recall bikes with a No Ride Warning that were not CVO's...What's goin on here batman??? Either they just put a sticker on it & pushed it out the door... they screwed up the repair... or they still got a problem with this thing and they ain't tellin us??? I almost did a face plant on I-10 when it failed... They put me on the road on a time bomb... If you are gonna buy one of these pigs manufactured in 2013... require they give you documentation that the master cylinder has been rebuilt???? Actually I'd make 'em put a new one on knowing what I know now... The more I think about it the angrier I get.

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 02-20-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 02-20-2014 | 11:26 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

Originally Posted by TimLScheffer
25 thousand bikes got the wrong part??? 25 thousand got the recall notice... I am not the Lone Ranger... I spent a lot of money on this bike... A brand spankin new bike... With a problem they knew about... and they let me out on the Freeway with it in Houston Traffic... I had cars going various speeds crawling up my ****... I cain't get it out of gear... It stalls... I got it in first and hit the starter... drug the bike a few feet with the starter til it snapped on and I took off... That cain't have been good for the starter... The clutch... or anything else... I Got off the freeway and called the dealer... They said, "Sucks to be you!"... If you can get it to your house We will try to get a truck by to pick up your bike tomorrow... or maybe the next day??? I paid a lot of money for that bike... I'm a little perturbed right now... Harley knows they got a big problem... and they don't give a rats **** it seems... Everybody I talk to is all excited about this bike... How is it? they ask... I am not a very good commercial at this very moment... I'm ticked!

A sentence ends with one period not three. Who bought you that bike?

Old 02-21-2014 | 04:15 AM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain

Ya... an most of us here ride on two wheels!!! So what's yer point Double Breeze??? I thought I was buying a Cool scoot... NOT a Hot Potatoe... Do you spell it with or without the "e"??? What's the Point??? Bikes, Trikes & UniCycles not witstanding... ...??? Thank you Mr. Gibson, I use them as pregnant pauses... & as tension builders... I reckon it's working ............ .......... ..................... ......... ........... . . ........... Harley Davidson Hydraulic Clutch Rushmore Limited Recall Problem Review Rebuild

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 02-21-2014 at 12:38 PM.
Old 02-21-2014 | 09:51 AM
flyingace
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChristoHD
I thought it was also the master cylinder for the clutch as well?
I believe that is the case, yes.

Old 02-21-2014 | 11:37 AM
mgibson61611
Tourer

Originally Posted by buckla
Gee, my 05 Roadglide has the original clutch cable that has worked every time! I'll go over 100k miles this spring. If I want to see Rushmore I'll ride to S.Dakota...again.
You seem quite accomplished; thanks for posting!

Old 02-21-2014 | 11:43 AM
mgibson61611
Tourer

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
A sentence ends with one period not three. Who bought you that bike?
Perhaps you should rethink...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis

Old 02-21-2014 | 03:03 PM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...4-limited.html ............................. ............. ............... Hydro thread from tour section

Old 02-21-2014 | 06:23 PM
spf62
Cruiser

Originally Posted by mgibson61611
Perhaps you should rethink...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellipsis

Quick Reply: I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?