2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014 | 08:22 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TimLScheffer
Here we go round the Mulberry Bush... I called this one back when my recall rebuild failed back in Feb... You won't get a rebuild kit this time... You will now get a new master cylinder... They knew all along the fix was temporary... The Rebuild Kit included harder tougher O rings to compensate for the screwed up tooling of the cylinder they go in... So you can operate the clutch a few more times before it fails. The new one has a retooled cylinder... www.hdforums.com/forum/new-rushmore-models/998115-new-clutch-recall-issued-9-8-14-a.html
They aren't replacing the master cylinder. The are just replacing the piston assembly. This recall applies to all 14's built prior to 7/18/2014. Doesn't matter if you have the orriginal or the "A" revision Master cylinder. Dealer said only difference in the original and the "A" revision was the "A" already had the recall parts from the first recall installed in it. See the actual dealer bulletin in post 240 of the thread you have a link to in your post I quoted.

Old 09-15-2014 | 09:28 PM
Dirt Devil
Novice

I know recalls are inevitable in todays environment no matter what you choose to operate. However some recalls carry more weight than others.

I currently ride an 09 Electra Glide Classic that has been a joy to ride and trouble free from day one. I don't need a new bike, just got the new bike smell in my nose for some reason.

Old 09-15-2014 | 11:13 PM
joecA2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Beaux
And just what did this bring to the thread other than to berate the poster?

I happen to agree with TLS and the reason for my never buy version 1 logic. Have you looked at the tour paks, that's metric design and ugly IMO. The 14's have some nice feature's but until they've proven them selves I'll hold off. My first Harley a 77' Lowrider (a first) turned into a nightmare. So my next new Harley was year 2 of the Evo, best bike I've owned and I have a 12. Haven't had it long enough to say its the best bike I've had. I'll leave the Wetheads work the bugs out before I pluck the funds from piggy.
I think you have this backwards. She replied to a post that did less for this thread then her reply.

Screw Honda rice burning pos's.

I took delivery of a 14 street glide on 7/31 and have logged 2000 miles. Nicest bike I ever rode.

3 rd Harley. Bought every one of them new. Never have an issue with any of them.

Old 09-16-2014 | 10:38 AM
Stella456
5th Gear
Default Master cylinder problem

My 2014 Tri-glide is on the recall list for the clutch master cylinder problem and I will bring it to dealer to have repaired. However, I'm having problems with the front brake master cylinder. When the bike sits for a day or two, the front brake handle will bottom out against the hand grip without providing any breaking force. After exercising the brake a few times it begins to work properly. Anybody else have this problem? Both master cylinders for the clutch and the front break look like they are the same part -maybe they both have the same problem?

Old 09-16-2014 | 12:52 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stella456
My 2014 Tri-glide is on the recall list for the clutch master cylinder problem and I will bring it to dealer to have repaired. However, I'm having problems with the front brake master cylinder. When the bike sits for a day or two, the front brake handle will bottom out against the hand grip without providing any breaking force. After exercising the brake a few times it begins to work properly. Anybody else have this problem? Both master cylinders for the clutch and the front break look like they are the same part -maybe they both have the same problem?
Let the dealer figure it out, warranty should cover the repair. Your brake lever should not be bottoming out like that.

Old 09-16-2014 | 11:00 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stella456
That sounds like air in the system.

Old 09-19-2014 | 11:20 AM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Greg2012FLHTK
They aren't replacing the master cylinder. The are just replacing the piston assembly. This recall applies to all 14's built prior to 7/18/2014. Doesn't matter if you have the orriginal or the "A" revision Master cylinder. Dealer said only difference in the original and the "A" revision was the "A" already had the recall parts from the first recall installed in it. See the actual dealer bulletin in post 240 of the thread you have a link to in your post I quoted.
Have you had yours done yet? I bet he is giving you their CYA story... They can not say they they are replacing the whole thing without admitting guilt... They replaced mine after the failure of the first recall repair... They have to get all the bikes in and look at them because they now don't really know who has what on their bike... So they call in all Rushmores and give a look and replace the MC on the one's that need it... Pure Speculation on my part... But after what I went through this is what I believe...

Old 09-19-2014 | 08:59 PM
Greg2012FLHTK
Road Warrior

Have you had yours done yet? I bet he is giving you their CYA story... They can not say they they are replacing the whole thing without admitting guilt... They replaced mine after the failure of the first recall repair... They have to get all the bikes in and look at them because they now don't really know who has what on their bike... So they call in all Rushmores and give a look and replace the MC on the one's that need it... Pure Speculation on my part... But after what I went through this is what I believe...
Yes I had mine done last Saturday. I have never had an issue with my clutch in the 11 months & 8,500 miles I have owned it. First recall was done last October. My dealer has windows in waiting room so you can watch your bike being serviced. I watched him pull the master cylinder off take it to his workbench, replaced the internal parts and reinstalled it on the bike. Bled line and checked clutch plate lift. If you will go to this thread https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...8-14-a-29.html and look at post 240 on page 24 of the thread, Someone posted a copy of the actual dealer service bulletin. Read it and look at the pictures and you will see what the dealers are required to do on the new recall.

Last edited by Greg2012FLHTK; 09-19-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-19-2014 | 09:37 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

Pure Speculation on my part....
Yes Sir.

Old 09-19-2014 | 09:44 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by SafetyMan
Yes Sir.

Too funny.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Quick Reply: I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?