2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014 | 09:38 PM
mikeman54
Supporter

Hey Tim, no disrespect with last post just trying to calm **** down,that being said I'm tuned into what mister DH Dealer said,I'm still believing that recall wasn't completed regardless what they say.Dude,hope the Ride comes back 100% and puts that **** eatin grin back on your mug.Staying Tuned.

Old 02-25-2014 | 11:18 PM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mikeman54
Hey Tim, no disrespect with last post just trying to calm **** down,that being said I'm tuned into what mister DH Dealer said,I'm still believing that recall wasn't completed regardless what they say.Dude,hope the Ride comes back 100% and puts that **** eatin grin back on your mug.Staying Tuned.
I enjoyed the post LecheDude... Grasshopper learn well... I enjoyed the ride home from my wonderful blessed Dealer... On a freshly washed bike... In the rain... n I didn't care a bit it was raining... Wiped her down when I got home even... I believe mine slipped thru the cracks as well... Still though, it's easier to R&R the master cylinder than it is to rebuild it... Why did Mr. Harley try to solve this thing with a nicke dime fix? A new master cylinder is 150 bucks... and they wanted to fix the problem with dime bag of O rings and a little plunger... Meanwhile out on Interstate 10... but I digress... I didn't die... Damn it... I reckon only the good die young... Well they showed you a statue-
Told you to pray.
They built you a temple and locked you away.
Ah! But they never told you the price it would pay.
The things that you might have done...

Like ride a Harley from Houston to Niagara Falls with the Bitchinest Biker Babe on your hip...

Attached Thumbnails I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?-canada-sherr-castle-rock.jpg   I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?-happy-biker-babe.jpg   I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?-sherri-mez-bike.jpg   I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?-willie-dance.jpg  

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 02-25-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2014 | 11:28 AM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain

They R&R'd the Clutch Master Cylinder, the recall on the filler neck & updated the software on the radio... Plus a 5k service...

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 02-27-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-27-2014 | 11:29 AM
tmitchellof PG
Elite HDF Member

I'm glad to read that your bike has been fixed.
Did they have any explanation on how the clutch worked okay for 5,000 miles if it had bad parts?
One of the main reasons I spend time on the various forums is to read about potential problems that might occur to my bike, car, boat, rv, etc. and what to look for or expect on vehicles that I am shopping for.
Hope this is the last of your problems.
Tom

Old 02-27-2014 | 12:04 PM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tmitchellof PG
Did they have any explanation on how the clutch worked okay for 5,000 miles if it had bad parts?...
Tom
Shirley you Jest Mitch... The O rings hold for a while then they break down because of the way it was designed... The speed at which they will fail has to do with how often you operate the clutch... No... They shipped it off to Detroit to get examined. They know what the problem is, but they can and will not admit it for a plethora of reasons primarily being the almighty dollar...

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 07-07-2014 at 05:43 PM.
Old 07-07-2014 | 05:39 PM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain
Default Hydrolic Clutch Master Cylinder has been retooled Git U Some

After getting my first 14 shot out from under me, I am now on a CVO with the retooled Hyd. Clutch Master Cylinder and I am at 6k miles with no incident... If you have a 14 built prior to January take it in and make them replace the Clutch Master Cylinder even if you have to spend your own money to get it done as I believe all the Recall Repairs will eventually fail... Either that or practice riding with out a clutch so when it happens it won't be your first rodeo... All That being said... The Speakers are JUNK!... If you buy a 14 make them give you an Amp and some better speakers before you take possession...

Old 09-13-2014 | 07:49 AM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain
Default And the Saga Continues...

Here we go round the Mulberry Bush... I called this one back when my recall rebuild failed back in Feb... You won't get a rebuild kit this time... You will now get a new master cylinder... They knew all along the fix was temporary... The Rebuild Kit included harder tougher O rings to compensate for the screwed up tooling of the cylinder they go in... So you can operate the clutch a few more times before it fails. The new one has a retooled cylinder... http://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-ru...-9-8-14-a.html

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 09-13-2014 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-13-2014 | 10:55 AM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TimLScheffer
Here we go round the Mulberry Bush... I called this one back when my recall rebuild failed back in Feb... You won't get a rebuild kit this time... You will now get a new master cylinder... They knew all along the fix was temporary... The Rebuild Kit included harder tougher O rings to compensate for the screwed up tooling of the cylinder they go in... So you can operate the clutch a few more times before it fails. The new one has a retooled cylinder... http://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-ru...-9-8-14-a.html
But they're not replacing the master cylinder...it's another rebuild kit.

Old 09-15-2014 | 06:46 PM
Dirt Devil
Novice

Every time I get ready to pull the trigger and buy a new Rushmore another recall comes down the pike. This one really has me spooked as it has the potential to take the life of an unsuspecting rider or an aware one as well.

The MOCO has been very lucky so far that no one has been seriously hurt.

Old 09-15-2014 | 08:16 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Dirt Devil
Every time I get ready to pull the trigger and buy a new Rushmore another recall comes down the pike.
Then by an older one.

Just remember, there was a recall in '12 that affected well over 300,000 Harley touring bikes.

Might want to go older than that....

Quick Reply: I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?