2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014 | 11:28 PM
TwinCooled
Banned

Originally Posted by TimLScheffer
The Wet Head handles tighter... The motor runs smoother... The brakes stop faster... The light shines brighter... Therein lies my complaint... Yes this hydroclutch thing hs me hot under the collar... but that's not why I liked the 07 better... The Wethead runs and feels like a metric??? Harleys have always had a certain air of Barbarianism... The Wethead while still in a class by itself, has moved in a civilized direction... Neither a good nor a bad thing... just different... There is a reason I don't ride a Metric... "Machismo!~" The Goldwing is an amazing machine... puts a Harley to shame when it comes to engineering... Harley aint about precision... It's about low hangin *****... It's about haulin ****... the type of **** not to be confused with speed... It's about the key of E... It's about a Milwaukee stimulator... Mr. Harley is having an identity crisis... What's it gonna be Milwaukee??? Testosterone or Estrogen? Don't get me wrong... a Goldwing is fun to ride... It is an awesome Motor Scooter... It takes ***** to roll a Honda throttle all the way back in one swift motion... Estrogen is not a bad think... I love the smell of it on me... But mainlining it... is a different thing altogether...
Dude, you need a check up from the neck up. Just sayin...Elevator doesn't go all the way to the top...couple beers short of a six pack...not the sharpest tool in the shed...Keep mainlining it...maroon.

Old 02-24-2014 | 07:46 AM
Beaux
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
Dude, you need a check up from the neck up. Just sayin...Elevator doesn't go all the way to the top...couple beers short of a six pack...not the sharpest tool in the shed...Keep mainlining it...maroon.
And just what did this bring to the thread other than to berate the poster?

I happen to agree with TLS and the reason for my never buy version 1 logic. Have you looked at the tour paks, that's metric design and ugly IMO. The 14's have some nice feature's but until they've proven them selves I'll hold off. My first Harley a 77' Lowrider (a first) turned into a nightmare. So my next new Harley was year 2 of the Evo, best bike I've owned and I have a 12. Haven't had it long enough to say its the best bike I've had. I'll leave the Wetheads work the bugs out before I pluck the funds from piggy.

Last edited by Beaux; 02-24-2014 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-24-2014 | 08:18 AM
cycle7447
Seasoned HDF Member

I have been riding for 43 years..have has a number of bike...different manufacturers. I love my 14 - sure there are some bugs..and I am confident Harley will resolve them. I think they want my continued business.

That said, I think it is best we help find the issues, let Harley know and help all we can to resolve the matter. Pissing and moaning about why we didn't or did buy is, in my opinion, useless. I purchased because I wanted to .. and because I could.
every bike I got is the best bike I ever owned. My bet is all of you feel the same.

Now, let's be about finding the issues and help resolve them. Let's be part of the solution

Old 02-24-2014 | 10:43 AM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain

I'm with you CycleSieteQuatro... Do you ever practice riding without a clutch?
Originally Posted by TwinCooled
...Keep mainlining it...maroon.
Nice touch with the bitch slap smiley DoubleFreeze... Yer learnin Butt... errrr... My Wethead is a "Mysterious Red Sunglo" dude... not "maroon"... are you color blind as well as deaf & dumb? Golly Gee Willikers... I'd make fun of yer Tricycle... But I know... One fine day... Same Dog bit you gonna bite me to... an I'll be singin the same song... "I ain't as good as I once was... but I'm as good once as I always was."

Last edited by TimLScheffer; 02-24-2014 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-24-2014 | 10:48 AM
Beaux
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by cycle7447
I have been riding for 43 years..have has a number of bike...different manufacturers. I love my 14 - sure there are some bugs..and I am confident Harley will resolve them. I think they want my continued business. That said, I think it is best we help find the issues, let Harley know and help all we can to resolve the matter. Pissing and moaning about why we didn't or did buy is, in my opinion, useless. I purchased because I wanted to .. and because I could. every bike I got is the best bike I ever owned. My bet is all of you feel the same. Now, let's be about finding the issues and help resolve them. Let's be part of the solution
I think one of the issues here is how determined Harley is at resolving the issues. No matter how much we the customer participate, It's their job to satisfy. That doesn't happen when they question the customer or get bikes back after rework has been done.

Last edited by Beaux; 02-24-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-24-2014 | 11:03 AM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dusturbd
I you really think that an 07 puts the 14 to shame then there are some serious issues somewhere either with the bike or in your head not sure which.
I have had a Xl1200 a 07 Dyna Super glide and a 13 RGU along with a few other bikes in my close to 40 years of riding and none of them even come close to my 14 Limited.
Not to pile-on; I have owned 11 new Harley's including 8 HD touring machines, I figured my last bike would be my 07 SE ultra, test rode several new bikes starting in 09 and never felt the need to trade. When the 14's came out I wondered if this was the bike that would address what I viewed as my 07 shortfalls.

I am here to report that the 14 Limited delivered. First new Harley that performed right off the showroom floor. No pinging or heat issues like I experienced with the 07. Handling and breaking are also major upgrades. The fairing vent adds to my touring pleasure. Overall, I figured my age was catching up with me, touring on my 07 would take it's toll after a day in the saddle. My 14 Limited turned back the clock. I can now ride and enjoy myself on long trips, it's simply a better bike, the bike I dreamed about for years. They kept the look and feel while building a better bike. Not putting any bike down, just sharing my experience.

Old 02-25-2014 | 07:32 AM
TimLScheffer
|
Road Captain

Getting the Wethead back today... I'll let you know what they did... Stay tuned...

Old 02-25-2014 | 03:47 PM
Boltsfaninmo
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TimLScheffer
Getting the Wethead back today... I'll let you know what they did... Stay tuned...
Hope it's good news.

Old 02-25-2014 | 05:29 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Boltsfaninmo
Hope it's good news.
OP likes his old 07 better then the new 14, that sums it all up for him.

Old 02-25-2014 | 09:27 PM
Dave Thorpe
Road Captain

OK Timoteo el Scheffer... ... you got yer bike back and I'm doing cartwheels.... ... wondering what happened???? ???? How's the clutcho fixxo ??...???

Quick Reply: I have a feeling the roads are gonna be peppered with Stranded Rushmores. WTF Harley?