Sponsored by:

14 Ultra Limited Exhaust consideration and thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 03:33 AM
Timpsonsoldier
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 14 Ultra Limited Exhaust consideration and thoughts

I'm trying to decide on exhaust for my Ultra that I pick in in a few months, when I get home. I was looking at the Touring Rinehart Xtreme True Duals and someone said the V&H headers (Dresser Duals or Power Duals) with Rhinehart slip-ons are the way to go. I don't want it to sound like a Volkswagen like the factory exhaust, I also don't think I want it so loud I can't hear the radio at 75 on trips either. Has anyone heard the deader/slip-ons or Rhineharts? Also which would be better performance wise? Looking for opinions please.

Old 02-18-2014, 04:41 AM
ChristoHD
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

The Screamin Eagle Cannons and the Big Louie's both sound nice from what I have literally heard on the 14's. But as you will find out, this is a very, very, subjective matter. You and only you can determine the sound you think you are looking for.

Most slip ons when looking to get sound won't hurt or hinder performance, but also don't have expectations of incredible improvement either.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:35 AM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 394 Likes on 151 Posts

I have the Vance & Hines Power Duals and the Rineharts. Nice sound and not to loud. Can here your music at 70+ and you won't sound like a Volkswagon as you say. But exhaust sound is subjective and I would recommend that you listen to a few different pipes first to get an ideal of what you might want. No different than whats the best oil, seat, speakers ect.

Old 02-18-2014, 05:55 AM
NiteOwlNY
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Screaming Eagles Street Canons... They have a nice low rumble and I've had no issues hearing my music or even chatting on the phone at 75...

Old 02-18-2014, 05:59 AM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

I have a Rush True Dual header and Big Louie's. Not so loud you get a headache, but has a good rumble. Rush has several baffles you can choose from to change the sound. Go YouTubing and search for whatever combo your interested in. Just wear some headphones and as long it's a decent recording you'll get the idea. You should look specifically for videos that do before and afters against stock. Law Abiding Biker is one for sure.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:19 AM
nchogfan
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Personally, I've heard the V&H Monster Rounds on a new 2014 Limited and I love the deep and controlled rumble. As soon as I can spring for a set, I'm gonna have some!!

Old 02-18-2014, 07:30 AM
LeeH
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put on the RC Exhaust 3.5's - still with stock headers. I'm impressed with how deep it sounds over the stock. I still have the V&H Power Duals and the Screaming Eagle oval hi flow air cleaner to go on (as well as the stage one tune).
Here's a video clip of the exhaust, sound quality isn't so great though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXeJ6...ature=youtu.be

Pics of installed RC's

Old 02-18-2014, 06:27 PM
wwglide
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the V&H Power Duals with the Rinehart 4" slip-ons last weekend. Only was able to put 25 miles on it after the installation but really like it so far. Deep rumble without being obnoxious. I was still able to hear the stock stereo at 75MPH.

Old 02-18-2014, 06:34 PM
DesertDweller
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ditto wwglide
I have the V&H Power Duals and Rinehart 4"
Nice deep sound and good torque and like the looks of the "X"

Old 02-18-2014, 06:36 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

I've got ceramic Rush TRUE duals, no crossover or x.

true.

duals.

Big Louie mufflers, with 2.5 baffles.

At idle they are drop dead perfect. But they are a bit louder than I would like while riding. Yes I can hear the stereo at 100mph, did it on the highway on the way to work tonight, but a bit louder than I would like.

I have a set of 2.0 baffles in the mail, should be here maybe Thursday, I believe they are exactly what I am looking for....

Quick Reply: 14 Ultra Limited Exhaust consideration and thoughts